Audiophile Best Test Songs???

15 hours ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Sax, Piano, and BASS galore. Thanks Artto. I'm not surprised about the Third one!!

👍 

LOL Claude. You haven't been over for a while. At the moment there are more basses in the room than most Guitar Center have. (I started playing again)

Sax, Piano & Bass. I see I left out Drums. For that my favs would be.................

Kodo

th?id=OIP.LtqYceOKi2XLwdNx0RUYJQAAAA&pid=Api

AND

Sheffield Lab Drum Record

p?to=3000&h=eyJpdiI6IkNhZ0d6SG4xQ0pOOFc1MjRZa29SSnc9PSIsInZhbHVlIjoiUStHWTZNUkd2UGJlOWxaVjRWSlFkbW5lQjRocUZ0VllFU0NzM0s1T0srZTdMcFhmaEF2YjIwa0MxOFVDbGNmSVZiVDdcL3FqV012WjZXODI2OWxpZ1lKdlJcL2Nidk0xMHJ4R0psWXQ3NXZBUTc2cnRYbXA2dTZPVnZGUUdsQytlRk9cL3hBa0FaeWZhYkVYVkZ0N216MFRRPT0iLCJtYWMiOiIzYzc5MDJlYTQ1ODdkMGYyOWIwMmUyY2VhYmY3MWRmODVkZjNlMmY2YzJiYWIxZmU3ODRiZjNiMWQ1MTY3NDU0In0=&u=http%3A%2F%2Fcps-static.rovicorp.com%2F3%2FJPG_500%2FMI0002%2F498%2FMI0002498444.jpg%3Fpartner%3Dallrovi.com

TURN IT UP LOUD

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, artto said:

This one is pretty good too

TURN IT UP LOUD

I'll take your advice on this. I'm building 2 more tapped horns that will go lower and almost as loud as this particular one, which will end up in the basement soon.

With a 6" Voice Coil, Neo Magnet, and a 21" diameter in a Tapped Horn, this 100 dB/1Watt, OThorn,  can, theoretically, be plugged into a 120 V, 30 Amp circuit to draw 3,600 Watts at 60 Hz. This would produce about 140+ dB indoors continuously without blowing up. I will someday test this to make sure, but I'm scared! LOL.

I'm sure that for drums, it would be no trouble playing as loud as my 1944 home structure and my hearing could stand, eh?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

I'll take your advice on this. I'm building 2 more tapped horns that will go lower and almost as loud as this particular one, which will end up in the basement soon.

With a 6" Voice Coil, Neo Magnet, and a 21" diameter in a Tapped Horn, this 100 dB/1Watt, OThorn,  can, theoretically, be plugged into a 120 V, 30 Amp circuit to draw 3,600 Watts at 60 Hz. This would produce about 140+ dB indoors continuously without blowing up. I will someday test this to make sure, but I'm scared! LOL.

I'm sure that for drums, it would be no trouble playing as loud as my 1944 home structure and my hearing could stand, eh?

👍eh

47 minutes ago, artto said:

👍eh

In keeping with the spirit and letter of the OP, my favorite drum recording, that TRULY sounds like a real kit in my living room with 130 Peaks (all day long if I wish) is the Drum Recording of Richard Crooks on the Chesky Jazz Audiophile Test CD Vol. 2. It features a ridiculous range of Single Stereo Bloomlein Mike positions at various distance called out by Richard. Starting at 3 ft., 6 ft., 9 ft. in an absorbent environment, then 3, 6, 9 , 12, etc. in what sounds like an empty warehouse up to a ridiculous 70 feet away. The "drum kit in my living room sounds best with the dead environment with a 6 foot mike placement, otherwise, at 3 ft, the kit's image is too big with my 11.5 foot corner spacing. I'm sure I could fool a drummer if he sat in my sweet spot with a blindfold as to having real drums there. My other sub is a TH-50 prototype that will have a mirrored twin soon, and a Super TH in the rear with monster drivers also (hoping to get down to a ridiculous 10 Hz. with that one.

21TH30isohatch.jpg

OThorn2020.JPG

CheskyJazzAudiophileTestVol2.jpg

• Like 2

Alright found it.

Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565 · E. Power Biggs · Johann Sebastian Bach The 50 Greatest Classical Masterpieces ℗ 1961 Sony Music Entertainment Released on: 2014-05-09

It's the version you heard here.

• Like 1