Heresy 2s Audiogon "Great Price"

willland

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa27jc-klipsch-heresy-ii-original-vintage-speakers-speakers

As much as I love my Heresy 2s in WO, I would not even dare to ask $1299.00 for mine, and they are in better shape than the ones in the ad.

"WHO WE ARE:

SkyFi Audio is a small startup business specializing in the purchase, reconditioning, and reselling of select high-end audio equipment. We only buy equipment the we admire and are passionate about. No mid-fi, no gimmicks, no junk."

As a startup business, one of the first things to do is to do some market research, specifically, market value of goods.

"Each piece of equipment is cosmetically restored"

Wow.:unsure:

"We like this model so much we permanently installed four of them in our shop as the "house system" and listen to them every day! (see our photos)"

On a positive note, very nice of them.:emotion-21:

I did not post this to really down the seller, but am a bit confused.

Bill

1 hour ago, willland said:

On a positive note, very nice of them.:emotion-21:

Bill

The prices of the H4 are raising the bar and the prices for all Heresy Speakers as they are now more popular than ever -

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 000 said:

The prices of the H4 are raising the bar and the prices for all Heresy Speakers as they are now more popular than ever -

I get that and figured so myself but the "cosmetically restored" comment was even more confusing.

yes

Bill

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, willland said:

the "cosmetically restored" comment was even more confusing.

Bill

Sorry Bill  ,I did not see that , and with no watchers ,  1300$ , no way -------Randy

14 minutes ago, willland said:

I get that and figured so myself but the "cosmetically restored" comment was even more confusing

A lie supported by visual evidence to the contrary is a lie. No confusion at all.

2 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

A lie supported by visual evidence to the contrary is a lie. No confusion at all.

I am not trying to paint this seller as a fraud, but I do think their marketing department needs a bit more training.:smile:

I will also say this, they sure do have some nice gear to sell with some decent prices.  They just got the Heresy 2s price(and condition) wrong.:P

https://www.audiogon.com/stores/skyfi

Bill

15 hours ago, veloceleste said:

Everything listed on that skyfi site is overpriced. They should be called skyhigh!

Asking $8K (plus shipping) for a pair of Altec Valencias is comical (and I'm an Altec fan). This has vanity project written all over it.

https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa27ij-altec-valencia-864a-vintage-horn-speakers-a-true-survivor-pair-full-range

SkyFi  synonymous   with   thieving NUT JOB or New York Dealer........................................He had a pair of  reworked 12" tannoy drivers up some time ago I offered  to trade him a primaluna AMP and Preamp  in  MINT condition that retailed for 4600.00  his drivers were 1600.00 . He said he would thake the PL gear and 1200  for his drivers. I passed of course.  Just another nut trying to take advantage of the hobby...............He must get some business though  obviously from the ill informed