Heresy models differences

Can someone help me understand or point me in the right direction. what is the differences between the different the heresy models.

I'm looking at purchasing a used heresy 2 . What am I giving up not going up to the three or four.

Are there upgrades available that will take the heresy 2 and make it comprable to current level iv and at what cost? 

A used pair is heresy 2 @ 450 is tempting.

Thank you

Efficiency                  Low End

Heresy II                     94dB                         50Hz

Heresy III                    99dB                         58Hz

Heresy IV *                  99dB                         48Hz

*The Heresy IV is slightly taller than the II or III to accommodate the bass port.

Those are from the published specs. So the main differences are in efficiency, and low end extension.

43 minutes ago, Rparker996 said:

Are there upgrades available that will take the heresy 2 and make it comprable to current level iv and at what cost? 

IMO, no.  

450 is a decent deal, depending on cosmetics and driver functionality for H2.  Even if you don't like them (which I doubt) you can always turn them over for the same amount.  Photos of the pair in question will help here.  H3 and H4 cost significantly more.

1 hour ago, Rparker996 said:

Decent price.  Get them if in good shape.

1 hour ago, Rparker996 said:

No but there is a kit(if you can find one) to take the Heresy 2 and make it a Heresy 3.  The Heresy 2s must have the square cups for this kit to be compatible.

Of course, you can replace the tweeter diaphragms with titanium ones and rebuild or modify the crossovers.

Bill

H II sounds fine with a good subwoofer crossed over at 80Hz.  Under those circumstances, the bass response difference between the II, III and IV may not matter (??).  I use them as surrounds, with sub.

At the time I bought them, they had a rated sensitivity of 96 dB, which, I was told, meant 92 dB in an anechoic chamber, and 96 dB in  a room, very near a wall, for both room gain and boundary gain. 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:25 AM, Rparker996 said:

Can someone help me understand or point me in the right direction. what is the differences between the different the heresy models.

I'm looking at purchasing a used heresy 2 . What am I giving up not going up to the three or four.

Thank you

dont forget the Heresy 1 -------efficiency 96DB --

On 5/9/2020 at 8:14 AM, willland said:

there is a kit(if you can find one) to take the Heresy 2 and make it a Heresy 3.  The Heresy 2s must have the square cups for this kit to be compatible.

Of course, you can replace the tweeter diaphragms with titanium ones and rebuild or modify the crossovers.

Bill

Klipsch sold the kit a few years ago for 300$ per  speaker ----------and it included new mids-tweeter-woofer-crossover