Enjoying music more during the lockdown.

kuisis

I have been listening to more music during this "event". I wonder if anyone else is appreciating their system more.  My upstairs system is an MX-117, MC2100, Oppo CD, and Herseys.  I have been listening to music much more because I am overloaded with virus talk.  I forgot how good vintage Mac and Klipsch go together.  Been a long time since I've posted on the forum, any other long timers coming back on because of the virus?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've had a massive gout attack for the last 11 days... I haven't had the energy or the inclination to list to ANY music because of the intense pain. Prior to that, I've been out and about on a daily basis and it hasn't been any different for me over the last 60-90 days.

• Like 1

• Moderators
3 hours ago, avguytx said:

Good for you.

I agree, glad your listening to more music. :emotion-21:

2 hours ago, Schu said:

I've had a massive gout attack for the last 11 days...

Sorry to hear that, hope you are feeling better soon, get well.

A friends dad had that off and on, tough dude and it would put him him in the bed not willing to move from the pain. 

I heard it can be affected by what you eat at times, but I don't know if that is true ? Good Luck

• Like 1

• Moderators

For me listening was normal for a while, but lately we have had different grand kids here to stay with us for no reason but to give them a break from being home all the time and that has kind of changed our routine a little. So we listen a little less inside but sometimes instead I listen out in the tikibar with some Heresy's and do some yard work. It's all good just a little less on average.

9 hours ago, kuisis said:

I have been listening to more music during this "event". I wonder if anyone else is appreciating their system more.  My upstairs system is an MX-117, MC2100, Oppo CD, and Herseys.  I have been listening to music much more because I am overloaded with virus talk.  I forgot how good vintage Mac and Klipsch go together.  Been a long time since I've posted on the forum, any other long timers coming back on because of the virus?

sure would hope this virus would leave and let everybody go back to a more normal way of life ----

3 hours ago, Schu said:

I've had a massive gout attack for the last 11 days... I haven't had the energy or the inclination to list to ANY music because of the intense pain. Prior to that, I've been out and about on a daily basis and it hasn't been any different for me over the last 60-90 days.

Potassium (bananas, potatoes) and Lemon water do wonders for me (outside of staying away from anything with a high purine count). I squeeze half a lemon into a glass and mix it with about 16oz of water and chug that. Do that 3x a day or so. Obviously staying hydrated and chugging water is essential for gout, but the lemon really works for me.

Dark cherries are supposed to help with inflammation, but I don't think I ever really saw any benefit. Lemons seem to be key for gout and kidney stones, at least uric acid ones. 

I sincerely wish you the best. I know full well what its like to hobble and not sleep. Where a thin, light weight sheet resting on your foot sends enough pain to almost make you pass out. 

1 hour ago, dtel said:

I agree, glad your listening to more music. :emotion-21:

Sorry to hear that, hope you are feeling better soon, get well.

A friends dad had that off and on, tough dude and it would put him him in the bed not willing to move from the pain. 

I heard it can be affected by what you eat at times, but I don't know if that is true ? Good Luck

Ya, food intake is the primary culprit. Food with a high purine count can wreak havoc for people whos bodies crystalize those purines. 

Shell fish, read meat, some fish, turkey, spinach, asparagus (although I think the jury is out on high purine veggies causing gout) have high purine counts. Those purines gather around joints (I am guessing from gravity, usually feet) and crystalize. This causes massive inflammation and places jagged crystals in the joints. So bending a toe is near impossible due to inflammation and sheer pain of trying to bend a joint with stabby crystals in it. 

Gout sucks. Changing diet or going on medication (allopurinol) seem to be the only way to combat it. I don't like taking drugs, so I just try to not eat as much red meat. I think milk helps it, and I know potassium does. 

I have found that if I start to feel the twinge of gout coming on, the best thing to do is eat lightly, non high purine foods, sometimes fasting helps and to drink a ton of water and lemon water. Not lemonade, sugar is bad news, but lemon squeezed into a glass of water. Might have to do this for 2-3 days or a week, but it beats dealing with it if you get a full on attack. Gout is amazingly crippling and painful. 

Edited by Raygun