Done

krell101

I also need a Forté II passive radiator.

Please contact the OP first.

Not trying to thread jack, just to consolidate requests.

For both of us, is it better to repair or replace the passive radiator?  If repair, please point us to a good parts source. 

Thanks,

James

4 hours ago, krell101 said:

Please email me ddmex101@gmail.com if you have a Forte II passive radiator

Thank you

28 minutes ago, Outrider 6 said:

I also need a Forté II passive radiator.

Please contact the OP first.

Not trying to thread jack, just to consolidate requests.

For both of us, is it better to repair or replace the passive radiator?  If repair, please point us to a good parts source. 

Thanks,

James

I may be parting out a pair of Forte 2 that I have listed in the garage sale. I should know by the weekend

Mark

Simply speakers makes recone kits or will do it for you.  Can also order the forte3 passives from klipsch, they say they are functionally ok but they are cosmetically different.  Probably cheaper to recone them or if the damage/tear isnt too bad you can repair them using some elmers type glue & thin paper like cig rolling paper, do a search on here for pasive repair, lots of threads about how to do it.    

25 minutes ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

Simply speakers makes recone kits or will do it for you.  Can also order the forte3 passives from klipsch, they say they are functionally ok but they are cosmetically different.  Probably cheaper to recone them or if the damage/tear isnt too bad you can repair them using some elmers type glue & thin paper like cig rolling paper, do a search on here for pasive repair, lots of threads about how to do it.    

IDK if it was Simply Speakers or the Speaker Exchange, they're both around Tampa, I had a 15 passive reconed and it was $75 round trip to Chicago. One of the two companies wasn't taking any more work on so they were referring customers to their competition down the street.

Mark

5 hours ago, ZEUS121996 said:

IDK if it was Simply Speakers or the Speaker Exchange, they're both around Tampa, I had a 15 passive reconed and it was $75 round trip to Chicago. One of the two companies wasn't taking any more work on so they were referring customers to their competition down the street.

Mark

That was simply speakers not taking more work while they were moving locations, pretty sure they are back up & running... aside from any corona restrictions. 

5 minutes ago, Outrider 6 said:

I’ve also seen DIY kits to repair the passive radiator cone.  Any experience with this option?

Also, is the Forté II a good candidate for weights on the passive radiator?  I hear this is a good way to extend the bass response. 

not sure about any weights ----------I've never seen it being used --------in passive radiators ------they come up from time to time in the garage sale -------on this forum

23 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

Thanks to you for this very helpful post and to others for their constructive advice, too. I will look into the repair and recone options as well as a purchase.

Candidly, I’d like to purchase a spare PR before I start working on my damaged unit. Good insurance in case my ambition exceeds my skills. 

6 minutes ago, Outrider 6 said:

Thanks to you for this very helpful post and to others for their constructive advice, too. I will look into the repair and recone options as well as a purchase.

Candidly, I’d like to purchase a spare PR before I start working on my damaged unit. Good insurance in case my ambition exceeds my skills. 

You are welcome.  Might help to post a pic of the damage so others can give some guidance on repairing it,  I have repaired a few of them that had minor tears in the cone & its pretty simple to do.  

Again, thanks so much. Will do on the photo.

I wanted to avoid thread jacking and failed miserably. I’ll start a new thread over in two channel to pursue the repair.

As to this thread, I’m pretty sure the OP is still looking for a PR and so am I.