After years of waiting, I finally bought my first set of Heresy I's. They need a little love, advice? Link to pics inside.

Rexxis

38 minutes ago, yamahaSHO said:

I will be doing the black this weekend/next week.  I will be using DuraTex.  I am going to run some screws in flush or slightly sunk into the baffle in the same location the velcro was.  I will then fill over them and finish with the DuraTex.  I picked up some small magnets that will be able to use the sunken screws to hold the grill.  

Between these and my La Scala's (which I will also refinish this year), these will probably be the last set of real speakers I ever buy, so I want to make them like new.  :)

That should look real sharp. ✌️

PS:

I was getting frustrated keeping my eyes peeled for the right amp, so I followed the suggestion of a buddy to put a "Wanted ad" in Canuck Audio Mart.

Much to my surprise in the first 2 days I got 3 responses!

The one I bought, another that was very much the same and then a 3rd that was not quite as nice but still may have been acceptable.

If you can narrow it down the the make and model that you want, you should maybe try the same thing... US Audio Mart in your case.

Just be specific what you want as far as condition and what amount of tech work done,  you are looking for.

Meanwhile lets see that 2nd speaker all spruced up!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

The amplifier sections of the HKs is what sets them apart.  Individual power supplies for the left and right channels yields excellent clarity and channel separation.

amazing quality , no doubt -

8 hours ago, HPower said:

To keep with the Industrial theme, I will round the edges and Duratex them after the 1/2in BB is applied.

the rounded edges have  a cleaner more modern look  --

The foam for back panel seal can e any weather stripping. I think a HK 40 is all you need for Heresy's. The mid horn gasket is at Crites but used a O-ring with a ittle drop of super glue to hold it to driver and a little Vaseline for lub when I screwed it in...lol. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, yamahaSHO said:

I will be doing the black this weekend/next week.  I will be using DuraTex.  I am going to run some screws in flush or slightly sunk into the baffle in the same location the velcro was.  I will then fill over them and finish with the DuraTex.  I picked up some small magnets that will be able to use the sunken screws to hold the grill.  

Between these and my La Scala's (which I will also refinish this year), these will probably be the last set of real speakers I ever buy, so I want to make them like new.  :)

These fronts were blacked out with Spray can black lacquer, I papered off the sides and taped the front edge and in 5 minutes they were black and dry. I think it was a cold December day when I did them.  

DSC00634.JPG

• Like 3

On 5/16/2020 at 7:19 AM, garyeanderson said:

These fronts were blacked out with Spray can black lacquer, I papered off the sides and taped the front edge and in 5 minutes they were black and dry. I think it was a cold December day when I did them.  

DSC00634.JPG

Awesome, super simple.