The Klipsch Audio Community
JetRun15

Tangent 500 vs KG 5.2?

25 minutes ago, moray james said:

If you are on a very tight budget the Tangent allow you to save even more Not a deal breaker in my estimation. 

I agree with this 100% I had a pair of the 500's and enjoyed them nice sounding speakers kind of a cross between the H-II's and the forte what one would expect based on configuration I was just pointing out there are quality differences in the cabinets some might say extreme how much that impacts performance I'll let others decide I was happy with mine stock.

• Like 1

For music and movies, thinking either of the KG you are looking at

will more than suffice. They both have the Tractrix horn.

2 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

I agree with this 100% I had a pair of the 500's and enjoyed them nice sounding speakers kind of a cross between the H-II's and the forte what one would expect based on configuration I was just pointing out there are quality differences in the cabinets some might say extreme how much that impacts performance I'll let others decide I was happy with mine stock.

Me too...stock. But not at the price OP mentioned.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, billybob said:

Me too...stock. But not at the price OP mentioned.

I believe I paid $250 for mine in nice shape that was 10+ years ago 

• Like 1

Still checking this post and still loving the feedback! Really appreciate the time everyone is taking to help me out here. In an ironic twist, I have decided to go for a pair of KM-6s I have found, and I am learning towards getting that (despite the damage on it, but this could still change). Of course this is all happening on a new post I made whether I should go for the KM-6 or the KG 5.2s, but feel like I should update those that are curious here about my decision. There's still a good chance I could go with the KG 5.2s if the seller offers me a lower price but we'll see. But for the time being it seems like the KM-6s are the winner for me. 

• Thanks 1