K-60-M

Jeff R

I have four KP-450's that I still use in live production.  I am trying to replace the diaphragm in the K-60-M horn driver and have run into a bit of a problem.  I have purchased a diaphragm (or two) that indicate they are a match for the driver as well as may other Eminence drivers used in many other speaker brands.   I have done this in the past on one of the drivers with much success.  However this particular diaphragm that I removed appears to be different and I can't find a match.  Very odd that it is different than the previous diaphragm repair.  I have attached photos of the removed item as well as the replacement part.  There are obvious differences and the new diaphragm does not fit and allow the driver to be sealed again.  Antbody got ant insight?

Jeff

Old Diaphragm2.jpg

New Diaphragm2.jpg

Old and new profile.jpg

I can't find a pic of it but there is a small removable spacer where those ring terminals bolt through the snout/face plate... its needed for the Klipsch diaphragms but you have to remove it to use the standard EV/aftermarket 

The pics aren't a branded K60M but an EV model... it was close enough... that circular bit under the screw will come out. It isolates the ring terminal from the snout/face plate and is not needed with your replacement because it is built in to the replacement

Hope this helps

Thanks guys.  Haven't had the opportunity to pop out the bit that Cant suggested to see if it is thicker than a simple thin rubber washer.  It would need to be in order to accommodate the after market part.  Starting to think that the earlier diaphragm I replaced was an after market and thus the insulating part for the original diaphragm had already been removed allowing my replacement diaphragm to fit right in.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the removal of the gaskets/washers did allow the aftermarket to fit nicely.  Only modification is that I needed longer screws to attach the binding posts.  Thanks for the solution Cant.

On 6/1/2020 at 11:23 AM, Jeff R said:

Well the removal of the gaskets/washers did allow the aftermarket to fit nicely.  Only modification is that I needed longer screws to attach the binding posts.  Thanks for the solution Cant.

did you use an Original EV Diaphragm ---or is it an aftermarket EV Diaphragm ------I am just trying to keep track -

It was an aftermarket. Who knows where the truth lies, but prices were from $149 for Eminence domestically to $20 to wait on delivery from China.  Not sure who or where Eminence is manufactured.   Diaphragm sounds good to me, but have not done any measurement testing and can't speak to it's durability.