ANYONE HEARD FROM TIGERWOODKHORN?

BigStewMan

Tom Brennan was another one who quit posting a long time ago. I emailed him him about a month ago but not got a response..

As I've gotten older, I have tried to touch base with old friends.  One is a guitar playing friend I've known for 50 yrs now. We're suppoed to meet up this summer, but that might not happen now given the current situation.

40 minutes ago, Marvel said:

As I've gotten older, I have tried to touch base with old friends. 

Yeah, I think this is always important however, it seems to grow more relevant to us as we age a bit.

Thanks to the internet, I found out just a couple days ago that an old friend of mine that lives in Indianapolis passed away.  He would have been 58/59.  I try to live my life so I have no regrets....and with  him I have one.  Last summer he was on my mind to invite down my way.  I think he, his wife & family would have enjoyed my slice of the world.  It didn't happen last summer and I had thought to myself I need to reach out to him about the possibility of doing it this summer.....  and heard he's now gone.

It never gets easy hearing that.

On 5/13/2020 at 5:10 PM, JL Sargent said:

I miss Boxx and Dennis. Both have passes away. That Dennis was a wealth of knowledge on speakers and drivers.

Boxx and are you referring to DJK?  That guy was a wealth (unlimited resource) on anything/everything audio not just speakers.

In the virus thread someone mentioned taking his shoes off before he went inside.  Made me think of Tommyboy who has been mia for some time.  He always followed that practice.

And there was Earl who became GBNF with a name change.

44 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Made me think of Tommyboy who has been mia for some time.  He always followed that practice.

i’m worried about Tommyboy. One of his las posts was about being in the military and being deployed to the middle east. He hasn’t posted again. 

I sure hope that he just grew tired of posting and never returned to the forum. I know of a couple of others that are fine, just no longer want to participate. 

Another one that has been silent is our old buddy Ben.  Last i heard, he’s lost his job and was looking for work ... then he just went silent. Hope he’s alright. 

• Like 3

I have had a hiatus a time or three over the years on the site here. No matter what hobbies come and go, you cant just put good music and hardware down for good. Heck, I have fired my system up like 3 times in 4 months and that was just for a few min before I was summoned. Seems like all my time is homeschooling or out in my shop hiding from everyone.  Alas, I do have a set of KG4's out there with an old monster Denon receiver.

4 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

Picture of Tommyboy from 2009.https://community.klipsch.com/uploads/monthly_10_2013/post-16545-13819475926746.jpg

When we did not hear from him after about a year, I feared the worst.  Sad to say but my/our fears are probably true.

Thanks for your service brother and even more for your sacrifice.

Bill

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, willland said:

When we did not hear from him after about a year, I feared the worst.  Sad to say but my/our fears are probably true.

i sure hope you’re wrong. Like i said, i know of a couple of forum members that are alive and well and have just decided they didn’t want to participate in the forum anymore -- neither posted a goodbye either. Just found other things in life that they chose to spend their time with. 

Anyone here knows his real name? 

• Like 2