Sancho Panza

Any Habanos smokers? Sources you use now? PM ONLY, please for those in the States?

Domestics? No links, please. For example, just ordered from Holt; have used JR in the past.

Pipe tobacco sources?

Edited by Sancho Panza
Pipe Tobacco

6 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Any Habanos smokers? Sources you use now? PM ONLY, please for those in the States?

Domestics? No links, please. For example, just ordered from Holt; have used JR in the past.

Pipe tobacco sources?

Romeo Y Julieta no 2 ----Habanos --

• Like 1

Partagas Series D No. 4 sublime

Montecristo no 2 is a classic, picked up a box on vacation one time and managed to make 25 of them last about 2 years in my humidor, it was tough opening the lid and not grabbing one.

• Like 1

I know a "guy" in Toronto, Canada. Not cheap but accessible, huge sin-tax up north.

Not too worried about PMs or feds knowing what is in my Humidor. I think 50% of the mystique of Cuban's is the fact that you are not supposed to have them. There are plenty of other great cigars out there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rplace said:

I know a "guy" in Toronto, Canada. Not cheap but accessible, huge sin-tax up north.

Not too worried about PMs or feds knowing what is in my Humidor. I think 50% of the mystique of Cuban's is the fact that you are not supposed to have them. There are plenty of other great cigars out there.

Just tell that to Monica Lewinsky

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, rplace said:

That cigar was not in a Humidor....well maybe it was at one point.

19 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

Cigars should be kept humid, not moist.

Gurkha Grand Reserve

maybe he did not like the infused cognac. And it needed a little something different...

• Like 1

Yes on the “Cuban Cigar” mystique being attributable to the illicit nature of them in the U. S.  Comparing a number of “Cubans” that I’ve had (other than one particularly nuanced bolivar) I have to say that I prefer many Rocky Patel and CAO sticks. 

• Confused 1

On 5/14/2020 at 8:32 AM, rplace said:

no comparison between these and the other kind -

IMG_20200515_220045.thumb.jpg.78588b26a42aa0dab24013ad371dc7d2.jpga

• Thanks 1

On 5/14/2020 at 8:32 AM, rplace said:

15%  tax ,  on all cigars in Montreal -----

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Rooster42 said:

Yes on the “Cuban Cigar” mystique being attributable to the illicit nature of them in the U. S.  Comparing a number of “Cubans” that I’ve had (other than one particularly nuanced bolivar) I have to say that I prefer many Rocky Patel and CAO sticks. 

Too each his own.

I’ve smoked around 15,000 Habanos, & counting, & about 10,000 non;  very few non compare.

You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken #(85.