Choices: Forté II for $1250 or Quartet for $650

So how did we devolve to togas and thongs?

Given the number of suggestions I’ve received about alternatives, I was surprised that nobody mentioned Chorus I or  II. Though I ended up on the large end of the scale with LS—and am quite happy with them—would the Chorus have been a suitable alternative to the LS or Forté?

6 hours ago, Outrider 6 said:

So how did we devolve to togas and thongs?

Given the number of suggestions I’ve received about alternatives, I was surprised that nobody mentioned Chorus I or  II. Though I ended up on the large end of the scale with LS—and am quite happy with them—would the Chorus have been a suitable alternative to the LS or Forté?

The LS are in another league when compared to the Heresy, fortes & Chorus IMO.

9 hours ago, Alexander said:

The LS are in another league when compared to the Heresy, fortes & Chorus IMO.

That’s a fair answer. In addition to sonic differences, LS have a distinctive presence in a room due to their depth. So even with the sound off, they send a message.  That massive folded base horn’s wedge is just timeless and screams “you’re about to get a concert.”  Pretty cool. 

On 5/14/2020 at 2:29 PM, avguytx said:

Jeez...  I miss the prices this stuff, and others, could be bought for 10 to 15 years ago.

No joke!  I picked my black Cornwall II’s for $400 and walnut Heresy II’s for $300 around 2007. 

19 hours ago, lakedmb said:

No joke!  I picked my black Cornwall II’s for $400 and walnut Heresy II’s for $300 around 2007. 

Amazing...  Only way that happens now is for estate or other “don’t know what they have/desperation” sales...