Spl-120 vs SVS Pb2000 pro?

Performance Driven

svs is a far better sub. they have a 45 day free return policy too, & that covers shipping as well. the 5 year warranty is also transferable so buying a used svs still carries warranty for the new owner. they have one of the best customer service in the business, have heard many times that even after warranty they will stand behind their products if needed... klipsch & most other audio companies will not do that.  used svs pop up for sale quite a bit since lots of people upgrade after a year or so.  keep an eye out for some good used deals or check their outlet store. 

2 hours ago, EpicKlipschFan said:

svs is a far better sub. they have a 45 day free return policy too, & that covers shipping as well. the 5 year warranty is also transferable so buying a used svs still carries warranty for the new owner. they have one of the best customer service in the business, have heard many times that even after warranty they will stand behind their products if needed...

I can attest to all of that especially the transfer of warranty and warranty coverage after 5 year period.  Had an amp failure 2 years out of warranty on my SB13 Plus and SVS covered all costs including shipping both ways.

Bill

• Like 1

I had an SVS cylinder sub at one point.  It was dropped during shipment and cracked the bottom plate.  It was a B stock sub sold at a discount.  I had a new A stock sub sent out the day I reported the damage with no up charge.   The new one was at my house up and running a week before they ever sent someone to my house to pick the old one up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willland said:

I can attest to all of that especially the transfer of warranty and warranty coverage after 5 year period.  Had an amp failure 2 years out of warranty on my SB13 Plus and SVS covered all costs including shipping both ways.

Bill

Yep, pretty much standard practice for SVS, they are one of the few audio companies that will do that.  I recently bought dual SB-2000's & was pleasantly surprised when i asked about the warranty & they said it was transferable!  99% of other audio companies or any company for that matter will not do that let alone stand behind their products after warranty!  SVS has a lifetime customer here simply due to their customer service... but their products are great too & are hard to beat for the price to performance level!   

• Like 1

I'm a newbie to subs but a new SVS PC-2000 Pro was waiting for me when I got home from lunch.  Opened it up....made the two connections (power cord and LFE) tucked it in the corner, powered it on, set the volume and man does it sound nice!  No fine tuning yet either.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tarheel said:

I'm a newbie to subs but a new SVS PC-2000 Pro was waiting for me when I got home from lunch.  Opened it up....made the two connections (power cord and LFE) tucked it in the corner, powered it on, set the volume and man does it sound nice!  No fine tuning yet either.

What speakers is it paired with and what crossover Hz are you using?

I ended up ordering 2 SVS pb2000 pros today. I'm going to return my Klipsch SPL-100. Only costing me $10 to ship back. I statred talking military to SVS and they gave me 5% off for veteran discount, plus you get $100 off ordering dual subs. Great people to talk to and deal with there. After doing the math with tax, 2 of the klipsch spl-120 subs, while on sale, compared to 2 SVS subs I ordered was only $615 dollar difference. $308 more a sub for the SVS, and that was with Klipsch being on sale. They won't be here until the end of the month tho.... on back order. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Performance Driven said:

I ended up ordering 2 SVS pb2000 pros today. I'm going to return my Klipsch SPL-100. Only costing me $10 to ship back. I statred talking military to SVS and they gave me 5% off for veteran discount, plus you get $100 off ordering dual subs. Great people to talk to and deal with there. After doing the math with tax, 2 of the klipsch spl-120 subs, while on sale, compared to 2 SVS subs I ordered was only $615 dollar difference. $308 more a sub for the SVS, and that was with Klipsch being on sale. They won't be here until the end of the month tho.... on back order. 

You will love the dual pb2000 pros.  I'm still amazed at the sb2000's, i have limited space & right now they are mostly for music so i went with sealed vs ported,  the ported go a few hz lower but have a lot more db for overall output.  Spend some time setting them up & look into the "sub crawl" procedure or go to the next level & get a mini DSP to really dial them in.  

56 minutes ago, Performance Driven said:

Well worth the wait.  Congrats. 

You will love the dual pb2000 pros.  I'm still amazed at the sb2000's, i have limited space & right now they are mostly for music so i went with sealed vs ported,  the ported go a few hz lower but have a lot more db for overall output.  Spend some time setting them up & look into the "sub crawl" procedure or go to the next level & get a mini DSP to really dial them in.  

I've been thoroughly enjoying my SB-2000s for a little over two years now.  Paired with Heresys, they're an amazing match.  I actually use mine as stands for the Heresys.  In my room I actually run the Heresys as Large and cross the SB-2000s at 120Hz.  For music they provide some pretty awesome slam at that frequency and since they're directly underneath my Heresys the bass isn't as directional as it would be if I had them placed elsewhere.

• Like 1

I am very limited on space, especially with how big the svs sounds are, so I have to just do the best I can. I can either put them on both sides of the tv stand, between the stand and main speakers, or one between the stand and left front speaker, and the other a few feet behind the couch on the right side. My living room and floor plan is not symmetrical at all, so I'm trying the best I can. I do plan on getting the Umik-1 and REW. I need to look into that more tho. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

I've been thoroughly enjoying my SB-2000s for a little over two years now.  Paired with Heresys, they're an amazing match.  I actually use mine as stands for the Heresys.  In my room I actually run the Heresys as Large and cross the SB-2000s at 120Hz.  For music they provide some pretty awesome slam at that frequency and since they're directly underneath my Heresys the bass isn't as directional as it would be if I had them placed elsewhere.

Good to hear.  The klipsch SPL-100 I have lacks for music. It's decent for techno music or Dolby atmos demos, but it lack in music and normal movies. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wuzzzer said:

i just bought mine a few weeks ago & they are not dialed in yet but sound great as is. i plan to go a little higher on the x-over setting too for a music system since they produce 80-12hz0 bass very well. 

• Like 1

PB-2000 is closer in performance to the SPL-150.  I wouldn't compare it to the SPL-120.  I measured them before.  Yeah the cones are mismatched but the cone on the SVS seemingly moves more.  At the time I wasn't real sure where to put the microphone for a subwoofer plus my wires weren't very long so it was closer than what is ideal, but output at 20 hz was almost identical when I measured it with a sweep at full power, with the Klipsch R-115SW actually having more output as the frequency went up while the SVS remained surprisingly flat and seemingly much more neutral.  The copper cone is about the only thing the SPL-120 has on the PB-2000, those look really good.  I love Klipsch and all but I don't believe the SPL-120 can hang in any other way, maybe max output at a higher frequency or something but not at 20 hz.  I will say that the old PB-2000 had an unnaturally high port velocity which could add some noise in the form of chuffing but the new PRO models added a second port which should help with this.  

• Like 1