Info on Heresy II's

Melle

Hi all,

New here after reading along for a few months, while on the lookout for my first pair of Heresy's. Have come across a pair of Heresy II's potentially for sale. Serial numbers 2H962 and 2H963, type H.WR12.

Current owner claims they are from 1963 or 1964 as per the account of the previous (first) owner, but looking at the Klipsch Heritage guide elsewhere, judging by the serial code these should be from 1970. Is that correct? Potentially shipped to Europe (as that's where they are now)?

Trying to get my background straight, so I have a solid negotiating position.

Many thanks!

Many thanks for the quick replies! The "II" mixup is definitely on me. As I said, still new...

If you'll allow me: the pair I'm looking at has a few dents and scratches on the wood, but appears to look good otherwise from photos. Haven't had a chance to hear them in action, due to quarantine restrictions. What would be a reasonable price or bandwidth I should be looking at for these speakers? And would a pair from '63/'64 (as the owner believes them to be) normally be more or less expensive? 

• Like 1