Building a set of speakers

So I am going to build a set and been reading a lot so got my head spinning my question is do I go belle build for bass bins or just build the Cornscalas I have two 18 inch subs so bass going lower isn’t my issue I want clean tight upper bass were subs don’t go with that being said am I better Going with the belle or ls bass bin designs plan on going with the eliptrac horn since he live close to me saves shipping and from I have read biggest improvement is going to two inch throat horn so what’s the consensus say I am leaning towards the belle design but want so others thoughts before I dive head first into the project really like that bullnose belle but can’t find and build specs for it almost thought of play with kerfing so I can do the bull nose front and in rear corners kerf those just thought I build a lot of car systems first time building my home system have had rf3 for 20 years then just got some old chorus speakers and caught the bug lol figure if I can put 2000 just in my high end in my van then I should probably upgrade my home to compete lol so what’s the thoughts of the community what would you go with 

I would build Belle's, a fellow forum member did just that @avguytx can give you the details. The cornscala is also a great option I just prefer the look of the Belle's and you have subs to fill in down low. Check out this build thread that will give you a good idea of what your in for.

1 hour ago, Steelecustoms said:

So I am going to build a set and been reading a lot so got my head spinning my question is do I go belle build for bass bins or just build the Cornscalas my home to compete lol so what’s the thoughts of the community what would you go with 

A khorn bass bin is better than a  Belle , cornscala is the easiest  to build ---

What is it you like about the Belles? The cosmetics, overall size, the sound of a horn loaded woofer, the existing designed crossover? Are you willing to augment with subwoofers? Does it need to be a three-way?

Could be a fun project,

-Tom

A little punctuation goes a looong way.

If I were building, I'd start with Belle Klipsch plans and extend the center to a point, like a La Scala and extend all 4 outside walls that same distance.  It will look like a La Scala, but with a longer bass horn. 

Sorry yeah not good with punctuation. Honestly never heard a a la Scala or belle for that matter just here they are great for mid bass. Could be wrong just going on what I have read. Have chorus speaker now fell in love with the three way speakers and know that the la Scala and belles are even better in mids. Again just what I have read never heard any. So this is why I posed the question to the community. since there are people on here that have probably had all of them at one time or another. And yes I have heard making the horn longer would be better as well. Has anyone tried this and how much better was it? I would be open to building whatever is going to sound best. My living room is not the best audio room open floor plan with marble. Really building to get ready for when I can build a designated audio/video room. Guess that all our dreams lol. I came and asked so I could save my self time and money and just build a really nice set I’ll keep the rest of my life. Figure there’s an abundance of knowledge on here so thought I would ask the gurus 

Going to pick up the eliptrac horn for tweeters and mids Monday. so at least I’ll have top bin done first I guess lol. That will make me build the bass bins so what the vote la Scala or belle? I like the way the belle look sure the wife would be happier too lol . Also would love to do a round kerf in front so it bullnose like the one pic I have seen on here maybe extend the front some out since everyone says the horn is too short. but how much further would be enough? Also plan on 1 inch mdf since that what klipsch went to on there newest version of la Scalas. It’s cheaper anyways since you have to do vaneer anyways rather spend money on some really nice vaneer. Like burl or the zebra wood look. Gonna have to play and figure out how many cuts I’ll need and how long of board to make that bullnose. Gonna Use some scrap to play around and figure that one out. 

18 hours ago, Steelecustoms said:

Also plan on 1 inch mdf since that what klipsch went to on there newest version of la Scalas. It’s cheaper anyways since you have to do vaneer anyways

klipsch use  1 inch MDF that is pre veneered ---

So after playing with kerfing I have come to conclusion I haven’t done it enough to be good to were i am not wasting material looks easier then it is lol tried on test board and mdf kerf is hard like to break when bending plywood did better but still a pain so forget the bullnose design lol can’t seem to upload pic of my test piece but not smooth enough curve for me to continue on that path maybe if I were a expert at kerfing wood but I am not don’t think it would be worth all the extra effort and materials when you break the first few. 

There was a guy that did a bull nose Belle clone. He posted either here or on DIYaudio. He documented the various issues the came up and could maybe save you some headaches. 
If I remember correctly, DJKs push/pull design had a bull nose.

To the op, I currently have both Cornwalls and diy Belles. As I love mid bass myself, I love both of these speakers and therefore you couldn't go wrong with either. I even have that same Eliptrac set up, however, I am using a different horn now. As for which one? Unfortunately you are never going to save time and money, because once you start building, you wont stop, just ask me how I know. Anyways, since you already have the mid and tweeter, think about your cost, simplicity of the build, and room restrictions. I purchased my Cornwalls, I only needed to build Belles. If I only had room for one set of speakers, I would go with Belles.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk