QSC amps

Dave A

Does anyone have any opinions on a QSC CX1202V amp Or QSC in general?  I was looking at Crown because I like them but I despise the country they are made in. QSC says made in USA. Are there other pro amps mage in the USA?

Roy did have a 4 channel Cinema amp and that is in part what got me to thinking about these. I can get a pair of QSC CX1202V for $219 each and that ia a mountain of power IF they are good sounding amps.

I have some 415lf bins here and I just don't think the Crown XLI800's are up to making these sound right. Plus I have some builds coming up where I want to be able to prove to interested parties that what I have is serious. I might have to point them out the door to crank them up to those levels but that's what big rollup doors are for. I get musicians by at times and they want to know what things will do.

When I first started in the live sound field back in 1990. My first PA system I bought had all qsc amps. I used them for 11 years and after I got out of doing sound for local bands. I held on to 4 of the 10 amps i had been using all of those years , and started using them in a home system for 10 more years. So 11 years of heavy indoor and outside pounding and then 10 years of white glove playing and never had a problem with any of them. They where great. Most of the other sound engineers were using crown, Pevey and EV amps. And they all had problems with them , mine just kept going and going. They where and still are underrated brand of amps

I think my PA system had close to 22000 watts and they where always running in or near the red light zone of clipping. And not once did any of them fail me and the bands I worked for. My system was band from a few local bars because of the level of sound I could produce with my PA. A friend of mine and I made up 8 Cornwall clones and 12 sherwin Vega 18 inch scoops and the. All of the side fills and the bands Monitor system

That was back in the days when EV would give you pa part copy’s of speaker plans

All of my subs had soundstream SSI 18” drivers running at 4 ohms each. Everyone said I was stupid for using car audio drivers

Well I never had to carry spare drivers to gigs lol. I never killed any of my speakers

The first time after I had all of my speakers built and we had a gig at a small biker bar with a outside band stand, the owner cam out and asked me why all of the bands had their PA’s setup at once, I told him that was just for my band and not the others. We where the opening band, they had. 30 minutes in between bands. After my band played, they owner hired me to do the sound for the rest of the weekend. He said it was the first time that a sound guy never had any break downs of his gear. Mind you, this is in Sanford Florida, summer time and hot as hell

Those qsc amps never gave up, even with the sun pounding on them

Sorry for goi g on and on. And yes I have a big smile about qsc brand of amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dave A said:

Does anyone have any opinions on a QSC CX1202V amp Or QSC in general?  I was looking at Crown because I like them but I despise the country they are made in. QSC says made in USA. Are there other pro amps mage in the USA?

I'm running 5 QSC PLX2 amps and absolutely love them.  Look for a used PLX or newer PLX2.  They sound identical but the 2s have different hook up options I believe.  You'll really enjoy them.