Whats up with Amazon Hiding there contact info

joessportster

I don't think I've ever attempted a chat on there in all the years I've had it.  Maybe this is something new?  Anytime I've had an issue, it was taken care of if it was within the "window" and even a couple of times when it wasn't.

I’ve had the same problem, when I finely was able to speak to a real person, she said because of security issues. So remote working of many Of the customer service employees is. Or possibly for them ,so they had to switch to the automated system which is very very antiquated
Same thing with PayPal as well, I’ve been trying for 3 weeks to talk to a real person at PayPal, no luck and I lost a case because of it, the automated system just did not have the right programs to understand my side of the story, so I lost.
I feel that after this C19 is over, a lot of companies will continue to use the Antiquated systems of hire back people
It’s sad times coming to us, faster them people thought would happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, joessportster said:

Seems now customers are relegated to either calling and speaking to a robot that hangs up on you, Or a BS CHAT that asks you questions and allows for only certain answers. You cannot type a reply Looks like Prime will be getting canceled

how are you JOE ---------long time no speak -------

it's their way to make money and fire everybody , to make even more money -------do they care about your , or my concerns , I doubt it  ,  catch 22

Got You GIF by memecandy - Find & Share on GIPHY

2 hours ago, Schu said:

What's your particular issue?

I have VERY little problems with Amazon personally, but it can happen

I pay for a service (call me crazy  I expect to get what I pay for, Nothing extra but certainly NOTHING LESS). I ordered an item 4 days ago that is fulfilled by Amazon IE.... Amazon has it in a warehouse and it ships directly from them...........................That item was CHARGED to my account IMMEDIATELY. and has yet to ship (which makes a Monday guaranteed delivery IMPOSSIBLE)

2 days later I order a smaller item via Prime and it has already shipped.

I want to  know the rational behind such things. The first item is not big in a sense that its unweildy its a 15" Driver, so EASILY handled by 1 person  just as EASILY as the 1 oz bottle of Garlic oil   that  has already shipped. It aggravates the hell  outta me  when they pick and choose what they will and wont ship on time........................

Covid 19 is not an excuse  to  breach a contract, If you think it  is  try skipping a few bank payments and quote covid as your excuse. I would bet you wont see a hell of a lot of sympathy.  And before you  think me impatient (which I know I am) I have given them 1 week to deliver that which my contract states will take 2 days, and Like I said it CAN NOT be delivered on Monday if it has still not shipped on Friday, So that week is now ? LONG

I went online to arrange the return of a big ticket item and Amazon actually called me. They offered me a discounted price to keep the thing but it was broken beyond functionality so it was a ‘no go’. But I certainly enjoyed telling the poor soul that they knew it was broken before it was shipped. They had to know since the broken pieces were taped to where they should’ve been an integral part of a metal frame. They don’t care. Worse is that they launder their feedback to distort the purpose of even having feedback. I still use Amazon but never for anything major.

i suppose there is a probably a thousand things that could go wrong that would delay shipping and from our computers in our homes, we know of none of them. 

I just ordered a charging cord for my computer. Ordered from Best Buy and selected Next Day shipping. Got a text this morning saying there was a delay; but they did credit me nearly $10 because of this. 

A long time ago, i worked at a place and somebody called and started ripping into me about something that he was upset about with our company and how we should be doing things. . I let him rant, then i told him, ‘You think the person that answers the phone is the same person making these policies?”  I think he got the message that yelling at me was a waste of time -- I may agree with him, but if i had to power to change policy, i surely wouldn’t have been tasked with answering the phones. 

Guess i ruined his experience by taking away his satisfaction of hanging up feeling like he “stuck it to the man."

9 minutes ago, Jeff Matthews said:

You think so?  I sure see a lot of bad reviews.  

They have declined several of my critical reviews that clearly were pertinent to their system and less so to the product. For example, a $400 mattress topper that came as a very poor;y done repack. Who wants a pre-used mattress topper? It’s like buying used underwear. We never even opened the box and Amazon refused to acknowledge that they were reshipping products of this nature w/o them being reconditioned at the very minimum. When I buy ‘new’ it had better be ‘new’.  Once had a sail shade come with a hole in it. Amazon refused to post that review pictures and all. They also refused to post the review of the product I wrote about in my initial reply. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i suppose there is a probably a thousand things that could go wrong that would delay shipping and from our computers in our homes, we know of none of them. 

I just ordered a charging cord for my computer. Ordered from Best Buy and selected Next Day shipping. Got a text this morning saying there was a delay; but they did credit me nearly $10 because of this. 

A long time ago, i worked at a place and somebody called and started ripping into me about something that he was upset about with our company and how we should be doing things. . I let him rant, then i told him, ‘You think the person that answers the phone is the same person making these policies?”  I think he got the message that yelling at me was a waste of time -- I may agree with him, but if i had to power to change policy, i surely wouldn’t have been tasked with answering the phones. 

Guess i ruined his experience by taking away his satisfaction of hanging up feeling like he “stuck it to the man."

I am not a complete A$$ and I understand Squat Happens..................However No communication to say Squat happened, and further  hiding from  communication is not a way  to do business.......................I have contacted Amazon via email for  years  using an email address which now gets a response   subject line "NOBODY" open NOBODY and they now proudly tell you its not monitored by a human and here are suggestions for contacting us. None of which get you access to a HUMAN in order to get an answer.   

I don't know joe... usually fulfilled by amazon items ship and arrive very quickly for me, but perhaps that is contingent on where you are in relation to a distribution hub and if that item is actually in stock.

frankly, I just click the purchase and forget about it. it always seems to arrive on or BEFORE the projected delivery date... the times it has not I really dont think about it because I never pay for shipping anyway.

4 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

They have declined several of my critical reviews that clearly were pertinent to their system and less so to the product. For example, a $400 mattress topper that came as a very poor;y done repack. Who wants a pre-used mattress topper? It’s like buying used underwear. We never even opened the box and Amazon refused to acknowledge that they were reshipping products of this nature w/o them being reconditioned at the very minimum. When I buy ‘new’ it had better be ‘new’.  Once had a sail shade come with a hole in it. Amazon refused to post that review pictures and all. They also refused to post the review of the product I wrote about in my initial reply. 

I have  also ran into this..............I started using YELP for reviews and Google

2 minutes ago, joessportster said:

I am not a complete A$$ and I understand Squat Happens..................However No communication to say Squat happened, and further  hiding from  communication is not a way  to do business.......................I have contacted Amazon via email for  years  using an email address which now gets a response   subject line "NOBODY" open NOBODY and they now proudly tell you its not monitored by a human and here are suggestions for contacting us. None of which get you access to a HUMAN in order to get an answer.   

i am finding that common these days.  I was so frustrated trying to email various stores as to why disinfectant and rubbing alcohol (and not long ago paper towels) weren’t available for pick up or delivery and required “IN STORE” purchase only. I don’t get the logic behind that and i’m very curious. One store allowed me to send a message to Customer Service (which was never answered) and all the rest had these “bots” that were useless to my need. 

1 minute ago, Schu said:

I don't know joe... usually fulfilled by amazon items ship and arrive very quickly for me, but perhaps that is contingent on where you are in relation to a distribution hub.

frankly, I just click the purchase and forget about it. it always seems to arrive on or BEFORE the projected delivery date... the times it has not I really dont think about it because I never pay for shipping anyway.

I get that,  and if my item ACTUALLY SHIPPED. That would have been the end of it, I understand I am rural  and I have had countless things late due to rural or incompetence . But this is simply deciding to hold off shipping something  they took the $$$$ for

I find that I enjoy life much more when I just extend grace to people and organizations, rather than scrutinize every slight against that which I feel I'm entitled. People have certainly done the same for me over the years, so it just seems like the route to take. But that's just me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

It’s like buying used underwear.

I was walking through a thrift store once and saw some underwear on a rack. I didn’t know which was worse, somebody donating underwear or someone buying it?

Horrible item to buy at a thrift store ... if we’re to believe the internet, it told me that thrift stores do NOT wash donated clothing. For the sake of all the people that shop at them, i hope this is internet-wrong information. But then with the amount of clothes in there, if they had to launder everything, you probably couldn’t buy a shirt for a buck or two. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

i am finding that common these days.  I was so frustrated trying to email various stores as to why disinfectant and rubbing alcohol (and not long ago paper towels) weren’t available for pick up or delivery and required “IN STORE” purchase only. I don’t get the logic behind that and i’m very curious. One store allowed me to send a message to Customer Service (which was never answered) and all the rest had these “bots” that were useless to my need. 

1 diference  I entered into a contract with Amazon, and Amazon with me which  they happily take my money for monthly Covid did not stop that payment  from being withdrawn

1 minute ago, joessportster said:

1 diference  I entered into a contract with Amazon, and Amazon with me which  they happily take my money for monthly Covid did not stop that payment  from being withdrawn

well I just read that Bezos is projected to be the first trillionaire so maybe he’s too busy shopping for a private jet.