Whats up with Amazon Hiding there contact info

joessportster

2 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I find that I enjoy life much more when I just extend grace to people and organizations, rather than scrutinize every slight against that which I feel I'm entitled. People have certainly done the same for me over the years, so it just seems like the route to take. But that's just me.

Happy for you that you dont care if you get slighted. What do you do when you have turned the other cheek a dozen times ?  Apathy is not always a good thing In fact I find it rarely is a good thing. It just gives someone the thought that there failure to follow through is OK........................I would go so far as to say APATHY  is why customer service is basically an after thought

53 minutes ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

I find that I enjoy life much more when I just extend grace to people and organizations, rather than scrutinize every slight against that which I feel I'm entitled. People have certainly done the same for me over the years, so it just seems like the route to take. But that's just me.

Yea, well, you're just a self absorbed dickbag.

I find that in general, people have unrealistic expectations and little empathy for people employed in service industries. Generally, I feel that people hold the people providing them services to standards that they themselves would be hard pressed to meet. Ironically, I find this has gotten progressively worse over the decades in conjunction with businesses trying to provide more and more services designed to minimize inconvenience to their customers. 

As for the Amazons and other online sellers of the world, I am continually amazed at what they do and how well they do it. We use a variety of them often, for a wide variety of goods at a wide variety of prices. The problems have been minimal and resolved well within reasonable expectations. We’re Just lucky I guess.

2 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

It's also important to have realistic expectations. You gripe a lot here regarding services and transactions, and I sometimes wonder if you're not just a hard person to please in general.

A fine example of that grace you like to preach about.........................Of every time I have ever asked or mention an issue there  are literally dozens you never hear  about that I accept without issue...............It likely escaped you that this was in inquiry as to AMAZONS (apparently) NEW lack of communication. Yes it is in regard to them dropping the ball  which is PITA enough but hiding from your customers simply  compounds the issue

My REALISTIC expectations are simple  (for my generation) I want what I pay for. Nothing more, Nothing less..............& if you have an issue following through simply contact me and say so, That I can and have lived with countless times

I am hard  to get  along with if your an apathetic individual that would rather go out and hug a tree or what ever in an attempt to make someone feel better  about there failure to complete the task they agreed to complete.............................I think  its a generational / upbringing thing

I put ZERO thought into who does or does not like me or who finds me hard to get  along with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kevin S said:

I find that in general, people have unrealistic expectations and little empathy for people employed in service industries. Generally, I feel that people hold the people providing them services to standards that they themselves would be hard pressed to meet. Ironically, I find this has gotten progressively worse over the decades in conjunction with businesses trying to provide more and more services designed to minimize inconvenience to their customers. 

As for the Amazons and other online sellers of the world, I am continually amazed at what they do and how well they do it. We use a variety of them often, for a wide variety of goods at a wide variety of prices. The problems have been minimal and resolved well within reasonable expectations. We’re Just lucky I guess.

I  worked in the service industry my entire adult life, Maintenance, Delivery, Transportation, Trains, construction....................................I can not recall a single instance where I failed to make a commitment  that it did not cost me. I never once had anyone come to my rescue. If i F'ed Up I paid for it and I made it right PERIOD   I remember 1 quote vividly  from my Military training "the Maximum effective range  of  an EXCUSE is ZERO METERS"

I put ZERO thought into who does or does not like me or who finds me hard to get  along with”

That’s really all that needed to be said. You are certainly entitled to treat the world any way you wish. But the world has a way of getting even. 

Best of luck in the future. 

Hi Joe. It's happened to me lately too. Small crap that I get taxed on from the Concord warehouse has got here in three days (NOT prime that I pay for) but haven't had same day since before the plague. Think they've cut expenses and using those English is a second language folks that 3 out of five times I transfer away from.

This was the link for years to get a quick callback:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?ie=UTF8&skip=true

Now I get what you described.

The leg holders for her wheelchair that got left somewhere two years ago were needed. Cost almost the same to get a whole new chair so we did. Took a week before even shipping from CA and it was from their open box-Like New inventory.  Wrong, it was totaled one big wheel could not even turn it was bent up so bad. I finally got through to a human but you have to fenagle their pro-bowl phone defense!

Don't be hasty, that can lead to regret.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, joessportster said:

1 quote vividly  from my Military training "the Maximum effective range  of  an EXCUSE is ZERO METERS"

our's was 'Mess with a bull, you get the horns

3 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

I was walking through a thrift store once and saw some underwear on a rack. I didn’t know which was worse, somebody donating underwear or someone buying it?

Horrible item to buy at a thrift store ... if we’re to believe the internet, it told me that thrift stores do NOT wash donated clothing. For the sake of all the people that shop at them, i hope this is internet-wrong information. But then with the amount of clothes in there, if they had to launder everything, you probably couldn’t buy a shirt for a buck or two. 

The Mrs does the thrift stores and while she does avoid ‘under garments’ she gets some really good things almost routinely. A lot of my favorite apparel items have come from thrift stores. Certainly everything gets laundered prior to use. Maybe I should qualify this and say that she frequents hospice thrift stores and as a seamstress she knows good from bad. Sounds morbid but usually the items there are a better quality because the donations frequently come from families of the deceased. They donate that persons entire wardrobe including some of their best clothing. She has gotten some seriously nice stuff. She got a full floor length black leather coat for herself that cost $50.00 as I recall. Retail for something like that has to be close to a grand these days. It is in perfect condition. And all of the $$$ spent goes towards a non profit hospice. Aside from the dead folks it’s a win-win deal. And ‘no’ it does not bother me that I’m wearing dead people things. I am certain they wouldn’t mind and I make them look good too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bosco-d-gama said:

She got a full floor length black leather coat for herself that cost $50.00 as I recall

When i was living in SoCal i went into one. Found a real leather trench coat in great condition. No price tag. I asked the cashier and she got the manager who said $25.  I said that i’d buy it and she rings it up and charges me $12.50 -- she said it was half-price day on all items. Can’t believe what a score that was. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaddeus Smith said:

Well ‘yes’ and ‘no’. Certainly there’s never any reason to browbeat a frontline service representative. But you certainly can deliver constructive criticism w/o anger. And this is the pathway to feedback for that company and they need objectivity about real issues and disgruntlements. Agreed if it is a ‘slight’ or a nitpicking detail let it go. But when it involves larger items or costly errors then you do nobody a service by keeping quiet. How ‘well’ I enjoy life is how I comport myself in all regards. This does not include being a doormat for any business. 

• Like 1