Meeting Paul Klipsch

Clouseau

Thought I would post this for everyone who is a fan of Klipsch speakers and Paul Klipsch.  I had the honor of meeting Mr. Klipsch in Fort Worth, Texas at Marvin Electronics when he was there at a presentation of Klipsch speakers.  Attached is a folder he signed for me and he dated it 84-04-27, year, month, day.  I have one of his "Bullshit" buttons somewhere.  It was a night I will not forget. Been a Klipsch fan ever since.  FYIScan.thumb.jpg.f57cea33eacec512f4cfc800897ae76b.jpg

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed your story.  Thanks for sharing it.

As I’ve told before, I met PWK at a similar event in Lansing, MI hosted by The Stereo Shoppe.  It was ~1976.  After the interesting presentation, PWK was kind enough to entertain the questions of this then relative youngster.

In response to a question regarding the mounting of the squawker and tweeter horns to the rear of the baffle bard, rather than flush mounted to the front (as they are now), he replied. “Doesn’t make a dime’s worth of difference.”

In response to a question regarding Klipsch licensing it’s designs to other vendors, he stated that the inability to control the end quality caused Klipsch to stop such licensing.  He then abruptly asked if I know what a patrician is.  Before I could respond that it’s an EV speaker, he said, “A patrician is someone who steps out of the shower to take a leak.”  His younger entourage rolled their eyes.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Arkytype said:

One of PWK's favorite greeting to someone he didn't know was to stick out his right hand and say, "I'm Paul Klipsch. I presume you know who you are."

he went through WW2 - then started a Top  World Speaker business out of a shed ,a  Lt Colonel in the US Army ,  and he even was a Pilot ,  the only thing he didn't do , was go to outer Space -

• Like 1

On 6/13/2020 at 9:24 PM, RandyH 000 said:

he went through WW2 - then started a Top  World Speaker business out of a shed ,a  Lt Colonel in the US Army ,  and he even was a Pilot ,  the only thing he didn't do , was go to outer Space -

PWK used to say he had fought in he Battle of Southwest Proving Grounds during the war....which was tongue-in-cheek true!

• Like 2

On 5/15/2020 at 11:47 PM, Clouseau said:

Thought I would post this for everyone who is a fan of Klipsch speakers and Paul Klipsch.  I had the honor of meeting Mr. Klipsch in Fort Worth, Texas at Marvin Electronics when he was there at a presentation of Klipsch speakers.  Attached is a folder he signed for me and he dated it 84-04-27, year, month, day.  I have one of his "Bullshit" buttons somewhere.  It was a night I will not forget. Been a Klipsch fan ever since.  FYI

Great story.  I bought my first Klipsch speakers (KG4's) from Marvin Electronics in 1985.  Paul Klipsch came back to town for a presentation, but unfortunately, I missed seeing him (am still jealous that a friend of mine at the time got to meet him that evening).  I did buy the demo speakers off the showroom floor a few days later.  Marvin Electronics used to be a great place to see and hear good audio gear. They closed in 2012.  There are no establishments quite like that any longer in Fort Worth as far a I know.