Set of K-Horns I'd like to sell (SoCal). What do I have?

MasonSkee

I have a set of (very not stock) K-Horns that I'd like to sell. I have a set of Heresy's that I'm converting to Claude's Super Heresy and think it's time to let their big brothers go to someone who will love them as I have. I'm hoping one of the community members here can help me understand what they are (model type, mod/abomination) and what I can do to make a proper sale. Big thanks to anyone who can help me sort this out. 

Pictures: Album here

The cabinets aren't labelled, no sticker, and don't have binding posts built in. Does this mean they're speakerlab or maybe a custom build or is it possible that they're original k-horns? This is the most important question I have because I don't want to misrepresent something that I'm trying to sell. 

The crossovers are type AA

The tweeters are the k-77, unmounted. 

The mids: Altec 511b horn, 808-8a driver

Woofers: mismatched Electrovoice EV15, I replaced the other with a Crites 1526c 

The midhorn and drivers were replaced with an Altec Voice of the Theater combo 808-8a driver and 511b horn.

Is this common? 

I have an extra set of k-55 mid drivers that I made some adapters for to fit on the horn. Should I probably sell with those on it instead? 

The grill cloth is worn out. Should I redo it before selling?

Am I overthinking this? 

Last question: if I want them to sell in the next few months, how much should I try to get for them? I'm willing to deliver if that makes a difference. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MasonSkee said:

I have a set of (very not stock) K-Horns that I'd like to sell. I have a set of Heresy's that I'm converting to Claude's Super Heresy and think it's time to let their big brothers go to someone who will love them as I have. I'm hoping one of the community members here can help me understand what they are (model type, mod/abomination) and what I can do to make a proper sale. Big thanks to anyone who can help me sort this out. 

Pictures: Album here

The cabinets aren't labelled, no sticker, and don't have binding posts built in. Does this mean they're speakerlab or maybe a custom build or is it possible that they're original k-horns? This is the most important question I have because I don't want to misrepresent something that I'm trying to sell. 

The crossovers are type AA

The tweeters are the k-77, unmounted. 

The mids: Altec 511b horn, 808-8a driver

Woofers: mismatched Electrovoice EV15, I replaced the other with a Crites 1526c 

The midhorn and drivers were replaced with an Altec Voice of the Theater combo 808-8a driver and 511b horn.

Is this common? 

I have an extra set of k-55 mid drivers that I made some adapters for to fit on the horn. Should I probably sell with those on it instead? 

The grill cloth is worn out. Should I redo it before selling?

Am I overthinking this? 

Last question: if I want them to sell in the next few months, how much should I try to get for them? I'm willing to deliver if that makes a difference. 

glws

5 hours ago, Sancho Panza said:

Welcome to the Forums!

You have pics that are difficult to view, wo loading IMGUR.

Post the rest, as I’ve done with the first, please.

Thanks, Sancho. I didn't realize I could post them in my comment. 

3 hours ago, kevinmi said:

not Klipsch by the looks of the one pic

Here's a few more. That's what I thought too, but I figured I'd ask someone who knows more than me. Any ideas what they are? 

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

IMG_20200516_145200894.jpg

IMG_20200516_144612375.jpg

• Like 1

As a former owner of Speakerlab SKhorns, they do not appear to me to be Speakerlab.  The presence of Klipsch balancing networks suggests to me heavily modified Klipschorns or homemade.  In either case, IMO, their value as they are is less than the value of the individual components. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DizRotus said:

As a former owner of Speakerlab SKhorns, they do not appear to me to be Speakerlab.  The presence of Klipsch balancing networks suggests to me heavily modified Klipschorns or homemade.  In either case, IMO, their value as they are is less than the value of the individual components. 

Yes

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

Thanks for the help, everyone.