Trying to price speaker set

Ash0628

23 hours ago, wvu80 said:

He has a warehousing business that is going gangbusters so he has been busy with that.

On a sad note his wife passed a couple of months ago.  I don't think he would mind me sharing that with the group.

Much Obliged Dave --please send him my condolences --

Just now, RANDYH said:
23 hours ago, wvu80 said:

On a sad note his wife passed a couple of months ago.  I don't think he would mind me sharing that with the group.

Much Obliged Dave --please send him my condolences --

Will do.

For the OP...  Hope this can help you regarding your La Scalas.  I’m two days removed from buying my La Scalas.  I live in the DC area where prices are high.  The two pairs of La Scalas currently won the DC Craigslist are about $4K for mid ’80s vintage speakers.  One of the two sets is actually in Northeast PA. He’s advertising everywhere trying to get top dollar.  The local set is the no grille faced version, painted black, and is pretty worn.  I do not think either seller will see that kind of money.  

Why?  I paid about $2K for a three-pack of La Scalas and an extra high-end crossover.  All of them are mid ’80s vintage.   One of them looks identical to your speakers.  The other two are the rustic, all plywood versions stained a dull brown.  As to price, some long-time forum members politely suggested that I had overpaid, and others thought I got a pretty good deal.  

My takeaway is that the right price isn’t always obvious.  As a buyer, I’m concerned about opportunity and availability, as well as my own finances when determining what I’ll pay. As a seller, your calculus is different.  You want best price, but you probably don’t want to spend a few months selling them.

Another thought is to hold on to them, at least for a while.  Yes, they are big.  They also sound big.  You might warm up to them.  I did.

On 5/16/2020 at 8:27 PM, Ash0628 said:

I am trying to sell my father in laws klipsch la scala b25 speakers he bought over 30 yrs ago. I dont want to RIP anyone off, but I was told these speakers can sell in the tens of thousands, but we were only asking 6 or less. I'd like to know the honest price for them, because I dont want to over price them

Who told you the speakers sell "in the tens of thousands"?

If you're asking $6,000 and say that the original price of the speakers plus the $2,100 (ouch) you have in the new crossovers is more than the $6,000 you're asking there's something wrong here. 

• 10 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...