any Help? Wanted pair old or ratty pair of La Scala's, even just the Dog houses

hallcon83

Hi live in Fort Worth / Dallas area , looking for old , even ratty pair of La Scala's, Even just the Bottom half's would be fine - don't have much money , so that= ratty, Just hoping something will come along - thanks, Dean

Edited by hallcon83
half asleep - LOL

Hi hanksjim1 , Thank you for looking - sorry I was awake all night- or maybe I should say half asleep..... I really meant the bottom halves of La Scala's ... I edited it - thanks!

Hi RANDYH , I saw an old ratty pair of the bottom half of some La Scala's 8 or 9 months ago that needed a complete new exterior that someone was asking  200.00 for . . .  .but at the time I had just found out - out of the blue that I had cancer and I passed on them because I was walking around in a daze for a few days - LOL .  ------  But you may be right I may have to build them , it's just that time is a limited resource at the moment - so I was just hoping that someone may  have an old ratty pair stashed away for a project that they decide they don't want to mess with - or see a pair of bottoms on Craig's List , or somewhere.   I guess I'm just being an ever hopeful optimist  -  🙂  -  🙃  -  🙂  -  🙃 ....... figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

1 hour ago, hallcon83 said:

Hi hanksjim1 , Thank you for looking - sorry I was awake all night- or maybe I should say half asleep..... I really meant the bottom halves of La Scala's ... I edited it - thanks!

Hi RANDYH , I saw an old ratty pair of the bottom half of some La Scala's 8 or 9 months ago that needed a complete new exterior that someone was asking  200.00 for . . .  .but at the time I had just found out - out of the blue that I had cancer and I passed on them because I was walking around in a daze for a few days - LOL .  ------  But you may be right I may have to build them , it's just that time is a limited resource at the moment - so I was just hoping that someone may  have an old ratty pair stashed away for a project that they decide they don't want to mess with - or see a pair of bottoms on Craig's List , or somewhere.   I guess I'm just being an ever hopeful optimist  -  🙂  -  🙃  -  🙂  -  🙃 ....... figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Dean ,  I hope you are doing better ,it's like a hammer when the call comes in -

I would tell you to keep on watching this forum's alerts , the guys post deals all the time --South California-Texas -there are a lot of good deals and just the Bottoms should be easier to find than  the full cabs -------I'll keep a watch for you -----if I see an alert , I will shoot back - much obliged -

Hallcon83,

If you're just looking for the bottom half on a budget, something to keep an eye out for is a set of Peavey FH-1s.  They're a bit wider than the LaScalas, but have a longer horn and lower bass extension as a result.  Plus, they can be found cheap.  I wouldn't pay more than $100-200 for a pair.

I just bought a pair of SP1s (all in one unit with FH-1 bass and MF1-X horn) for $10, but they have issues, functionally and cosmetically.  So, I've got a project.

• Like 2