Cornwall IV ... Love 'em or Hate 'em

RaceCoach

I have heard the 4's. I was not a fan of Cornwalls at all and much preferred the Chorus speakers. Hearing the 4's was a complete shock and all the things I did not like were gone. Yes it is the same size box but I would hardly call this wonderful sounding speaker antiquated.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have heard the 4's. I was not a fan of Cornwalls at all and much preferred the Chorus speakers. Hearing the 4's was a complete shock and all the things I did not like were gone. Yes it is the same size box but I would hardly call this wonderful sounding speaker antiquated.

My experience (almost) as well. The thing that really shocked me was how similar the Cornwall IV's sounded to my highly upgraded KLF-30's in a lot of ways.

If I hadn't had your MAHL tweeters in my KLF-30's, it would be hard to tell them apart.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave A said:

You've said exactly that several times, Dave, and I think your statement is more impressive to me than my own evaluation. I auditioned the Cornwall IV with no preconceptions whatsoever, and came away impressed. You started with a negative impression, and yet your opinion changed as a result of the audition. It takes an extraordinary demonstration to actually change someone's mind about something.

• Like 1

Simply Stereo in Hoffman Estates (N.W. Chicago burbs) has all the Heritage line and able to demo. I went there and heard the Cornwall IV's a few months ago. I was really impressed.

Not so much with the Heresy lV's though.....but they were in a different room, different amp etc....

That store is the reason I began my Klipsch journey. I sampled Khorns, LaScalas and Cornwalls. I need to get back there to listen to the CWIV.
  • Like 1

I bought a lot of speakers from them. I want to hear the Forte lll's. Are they up to Forte 4's yet? Wanna check them out, too.

After hearing what they've done with the Cornwall 4's I'm really curious/interested.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dave A said:

Don't you love it when someone who is not "in the know" quotes someone else who would qualify as a moronic ignoramus when talking about Loudspeakers.

Here's some news for that unknown original guy that provided the comment to the OP.

From the days of Bell Labs in the 1920's (almost 100 years ago), ALL loudspeakers use electro-magnetic (some electro static) elctro-acoustic transducers, in a box, or horn, or open baffle, that convert Electrical Sine Waves to corresponding Air Motion over an 8-10 Octave range to reproduce what we call music. SURPRISE! ............ALL loudspeakers do the EXACT same thing today using the same PRINCIPLES and devices. In fact, there's an audio show in Europe that features all Western Electric Horn speakers from Theaters in the 1930's whereby the crowds cannot believe how real they sound, even in light of today's, so called, "NEW" developments, which they clearly are not. Better, glues, more exotic materials, perhaps, but magnets, copper, and aluminum are still the same.

The ONLY thing that has changed is the COSMETIC STYLE in various combinations, with better ELECTRONICS than we ever had.

That original statement is just and OPINION, not a FACT concerning antiquity.  Let's not get them mixed up. The KLIPSHORN is proof that some speakers never go out of style and are NEVER antiquated. Also, Cornwalls go lower than Khorns.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

Now THAT is funnneeeeee. Spoken like a serious music listener!!

When you don't drink, and you're not rich enough to catch the attention of wild women, serious music is all that's left.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, ClaudeJ1 said:

From the days of Bell Labs in the 1920's (almost 100 years ago), ALL loudspeakers use electro-magnetic (some electro static) elctro-acoustic transducers, in a box, or horn, or open baffle, that convert Electrical Sine Waves to corresponding Air Motion over an 8-10 Octave range to reproduce what we call music. SURPRISE! ............ALL loudspeakers do the EXACT same thing today using the same PRINCIPLES and devices.

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

- George Santayana

25 minutes ago, Edgar said:

Is it horn-loaded, and does it have "mumps"?

PWK 's plane was a Twin Engine ,     I sure wonder if she still Flies -----with these Lycoming Engines PWK Plane social

• 2 weeks later...