R-15PM unrepairable in Germany?

Gunther

Hi, 

I have a pair of Klipsch R-15 PM and I loved them, now after three years of usage, they aren't working anymore. I can connect with bluetooth and I can switch through all the channels (optival/usb, a.s.o.), but on every audio signal I send - no reaction. They keep silent. I tried to let them repair in a Hifi Store, but they gave them unrepaired back. They said, there are no plans in the internet available or any documentation elsewhere. 

Do you have a good idea what to do? 

Best regards,

Gunther

On 5/18/2020 at 4:42 AM, Gunther said:

Hi, 

I have a pair of Klipsch R-15 PM and I loved them, now after three years of usage, they aren't working anymore. I can connect with bluetooth and I can switch through all the channels (optival/usb, a.s.o.), but on every audio signal I send - no reaction. They keep silent. I tried to let them repair in a Hifi Store, but they gave them unrepaired back. They said, there are no plans in the internet available or any documentation elsewhere. 

Do you have a good idea what to do? 

Best regards,

Gunther

the problem is in the amplifier section --and maybe the repair shop think that the repair is not worthwhile given the low replacement cost of the speakers ----and my guess is the warranty is over -----but you would have to unscrew the amp and have it checked by another technician  -----another way would be to use these as passive speakers using an external amp instead of using the speaker amp as it would no longer be needed -

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have been owning a pair of Klipsch R15-PM speakers for the last 6 years. I recently moved to Germany from UAE and the 1st day the speaker conked. There is no power and the light doesnt glow. I have a hunch that it is the fuse that has tripped but my screws are supper jammed and its almost impossible to unscrew the back panel without proffessional help. However i havent found any store that is willing to have a look at it and repair it (i understand the amplifier cannot be repaired but the fuse for sure can be replaced!). 

Please help me find some place (preferably in Bavaria) that is willing to have a look and attempt a repair.