Buying i

Deciding between two speaker stereo setup and I want experienced advice please. Can’t test due to location.

RP-600M or RP260F (or evening RP-250F?) Both within budget just under $2k AUD. I know the 260 is old models but I can get them new for $800 less than the 6000m (which is the new model equivalent as I can see), so it makes sense especially considering any of the above speakers are a serious upgrade to my current setup. Would the floorstander be best, even though it’s dated a few years? 

Positioning:

Against a wall unfortunately, but about 8 feet apart and about the same to the listening position (per the triangle everyone says to follow). 

Talking amps:

Currently have some old floorstanders from a defunct Aussie brand called Accusound (about 5 years old) that run through similarly aged Pioneer VSX-921 HT amp. In stereo mode, stats say 70watt per channel. The speakers are 88db sensitivity into 8ohms, and I never go over 3/4 volume. I want a Yamaha amp for my Klipsch setup. A-S301, 501, 701? Which would be best? Considering the the 701 is twice the price of the 301, do I really need that much power? 60w vs 100w per channel?

I don’t have a preferential sound either, I’m no audiophile, I just enjoy clear clean music of all genres. I usually spend time listening on headphones and have and still enjoy anything on stuff like Sennheiser HD650 and Sony MDR1ADAC. Point of that comment is, I don’t have a set sound signature, I just like when I can hear a fairly decent sound coming out. That’s enough for me to sit back and enjoy.

thanks in advance 🙂

Welcome to the forum.

Look for the 'old' RP160M speakers, they are almost the same as teh RP600M and can be found new at discount prices (I saw them in Europe for €299, while they used to be €560).

Keep the Pioneer amp. You'll be pleasantly surprised, I think. The Pioneer is pretty advanced (with DLNA), so I don't see a reason to upgrade. 

As for the choice between RP-600M or RP260F: the RP260F are floorstanders and they 'll sound fuller in the low frequencies. The RP600M/160M speakers are bookshelf speakers and you will have to place them on stands or on a shelf. If you are short on floorspace, go for the bookshelf speakers. If you have enough floorspace, go foor the floorstanders.

Kind regards,