Jump to content
The Klipsch Audio Community
Lbk

Ksm II any good

Recommended Posts

Have a lead on a pair of ksm 2's for 140.00 or trade, are they worth it? If I go look at them anything I need to look at/check. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seven KSM-15 II's that I use in live production....or shall I say used to use before the pandemic  I like them but they sure are heavier than most wedges these days.  One I bought had replaced the horn driver with an after market driver that was insufficient..  Might want to pull the input panel and take a look at the crossover.  It is a pcb board and if used a lot on the road it is not uncommon for there to be cracks in the traces or heavier crossover components may detach and in some cases have been aftermarket strapped down in addition to adhesive.  A burned out and/or bypassed poly switch may be an indication.of hard use.  But, if everything works, they are a powerful wedge with a somewhat tight pattern (60 degree horizontal).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2020 at 11:12 PM, Lbk said:

Have a lead on a pair of ksm 2's for 140.00 or trade, are they worth it? If I go look at them anything I need to look at/check. Thanks!

IT' S a wedge speaker , that is used in bands -------if that's your application , it is perfect -------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RANDYH said:

IT' S a wedge speaker , that is used in bands -------if that's your application , it is perfect -------

I was thinking  of using them for rear surrounds in a 5.1 system. Was hoping the wedge design would save a liittle space  when placed in a  corner up right.    

 

Was kind of wondering how they sounded? 2 way design, one review compared them to older cornwalls? 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lbk said:

 one review compared them to older cornwalls? 

 

 

no way , and way off --  they sound like wedges , to be placed on a floor facing a musician ,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RANDYH said:

no way , and way off --  they sound like wedges , to be placed on a floor facing a musician ,

Ok thanks, cheap but sounds like they will not work for me. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lbk said:

Ok thanks, cheap but sounds like they will not work for me. 

 

 

140$, for  a pair of these speakers is a real bargain  ------buy them , hands down --

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RANDYH said:

140$, for  a pair of these speakers is a real bargain  ------buy them , hands down --

I will check them out this weekend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lbk said:

I will check them out this weekend.

By all means, check them out

For that money. Let us know...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

Best of luck -

Good fortune

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billybob said:

By all means, check them out

For that money. Let us know...

I will let you know what I find out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 10:25 PM, Lbk said:

I will let you know what I find 

Waited too long and they where gone. They where posted over a month ago on  atlanta's craigslist so figured I had time to research them, figured wrong.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lbk said:

Waited too long and they where gone. They where posted over a month ago on  atlanta's craigslist so figured I had time to research them, figured wrong.  

 

 

You can never count on time and if you snooze you lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...