Ksm II any good

Lbk

I have seven KSM-15 II's that I use in live production....or shall I say used to use before the pandemic  I like them but they sure are heavier than most wedges these days.  One I bought had replaced the horn driver with an after market driver that was insufficient..  Might want to pull the input panel and take a look at the crossover.  It is a pcb board and if used a lot on the road it is not uncommon for there to be cracks in the traces or heavier crossover components may detach and in some cases have been aftermarket strapped down in addition to adhesive.  A burned out and/or bypassed poly switch may be an indication.of hard use.  But, if everything works, they are a powerful wedge with a somewhat tight pattern (60 degree horizontal).

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 11:12 PM, Lbk said:

Have a lead on a pair of ksm 2's for 140.00 or trade, are they worth it? If I go look at them anything I need to look at/check. Thanks!

IT' S a wedge speaker , that is used in bands -------if that's your application , it is perfect -------

7 hours ago, RANDYH said:

IT' S a wedge speaker , that is used in bands -------if that's your application , it is perfect -------

I was thinking  of using them for rear surrounds in a 5.1 system. Was hoping the wedge design would save a liittle space  when placed in a  corner up right.    

Was kind of wondering how they sounded? 2 way design, one review compared them to older cornwalls? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lbk said:

Ok thanks, cheap but sounds like they will not work for me. 

140$, for  a pair of these speakers is a real bargain  ------buy them , hands down --

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 10:25 PM, Lbk said:

I will let you know what I find 

Waited too long and they where gone. They where posted over a month ago on  atlanta's craigslist so figured I had time to research them, figured wrong.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lbk said:

Waited too long and they where gone. They where posted over a month ago on  atlanta's craigslist so figured I had time to research them, figured wrong.  

You can never count on time and if you snooze you lose.

• Like 1