WTB horn to mid driver gaskets for Heresy I

Rexxis

Crite's page says he hopes people will order them as an add on and I won't be ordering anything else at the moment. Does anybody have extras laying around?

If not and they are just rubber.. how thick are they and what is the ID and OD. I could likely just make a pair. 

Thanks,

Brad

Edited by Rexxis

42 minutes ago, PrestonTom said:

The local car parts store will have gasket material (paper, neoprene, cork etc). It is easy enough to fabricate something (even easier if the old gasket is intact and can be used as a template).

Good luck,

-Tom.

Ok, awesome. Thanks!

Just now, Rexxis said:

Ok guys, does anybody know the material and thickness?

I wouldn't think it would be that critical???

Heck, if you happen to be near Knoxville, TN (I realize it's low odds), I have some gasket material in my car you could have.

1 minute ago, Coytee said:

I wouldn't think it would be that critical???

Heck, if you happen to be near Knoxville, TN (I realize it's low odds), I have some gasket material in my car you could have.

Agreed. I have paper gasket material in the garage. 

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I've used cardboard in a pinch and they're not getting swapped out unless/until they give me problems.

I use plumbing gasket ,it comes in sheets and even rolls   ,comes in various thickness ---Orange ------works very well also to seal cabinets with no need of the sticky stuff that leaves residues -

image.jpeg.1c5a1af4fb0ce64181f38e7490d0f03d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CECAA850 said:

I've used cardboard in a pinch and they're not getting swapped out unless/until they give me problems.

so basically thick cardboard , makes sense , it's a barrier between 2 metal parts   , I have  plenty of .030 / .8mm

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rexxis said:

Crite's page says he hopes people will order them as an add on and I won't be ordering anything else at the moment. Does anybody have extras laying around?

If not and they are just rubber.. how thick are they and what is the ID and OD. I could likely just make a pair. 

Thanks,

Brad

How many do you need? 2?

What's your address, I have a couple extra I bought from Mr. Crites.

Mark

Ya know....  all this time I was thinking "mid driver".....  as in "mid range".....  as in, the gasket that might go between the horn and the enclosure.  I was totally wiffing on the idea it might be the gasket between the driver and the horn.

Consequently, I was thinking the gasket was something like (no clue)  three inches by nine inches.....

oops.

• Haha 1