IF YOU CAN HELP? PLEASE READ AND TELL ME..

angelluisg

Hello everyone, my question is the following ... I have been making updates and I think I have got a good system, however I feel that it can give more, as for example in dolby atmos it could have more details and sound more separate ... sometimes I think it is my room? (3 room acoustics panels) Sometimes I think they are the speakers of Dolby Atmos? (more power?) I just integrated the surround back RP-600m and the sound has changed ... I have more volume, but less detail and when I listen to music ... it has a lot of brightness ... (multi-stereo) .. I have read on crossover, I have it in 40 hz front and surround back 40 khz and surround side 110 hz and all dolby atmos 150 hz and ..

All I've been looking for since I got this hobby is sound separation, detail and clarity in sound. How can you help me get it? I'm listening

I am running system 7.2.4  AV Marantz AV 7705 (preamp) + Monolith 11X (amp)

Front  (L & R) klipsch RP-280F --Klipsch Center RP 504C  

Subwoofer klipsch R-115SW---SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer

Klipsch Surround back RP 600m (recent install) ---Klipsch Surround rare Rp-402S

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front-----Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp  500SA back

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet tree panel acoustic room in back wall 

IMG_1764.jpeg

Have you tried angling your front speakers...also angle your center channel up, so it is aimed at your head at ear height. I would try angling your speakers an inch or so at a time and then listen to see what you like.

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, baron167 said:

All I see is reflective surface area

Agree. 

I see an area rug in your future @angelluisg, as well as heavy pleated drapes for that large window.  The drapes don't have to be expensive, some soundproof/light blocking long drapes would really help.

I am not recommending these, it's just an example.  They also have these at Walmart.

https://www.wish.com/product/5cdcc5d984861a5f954590f2?from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=US&_force_currency_code=USD&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=5cdcc5d984861a5f954590f2&ad_cc=US&ad_curr=USD&ad_price=50.99&hide_login_modal=true&share=web

I see how your have your Atmos speakers mounted and I am NOT the authority on Atmos.  I'd like to hear a comment from an Atmos guy on the placement front and rear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Agree. 

I see an area rug in your future @angelluisg, as well as heavy pleated drapes for that large windows.  The drapes don't have to be expensive, some soundproof/light blocking long drapes would really help.

I am not recommending these, it's just an example.  They also have these at Walmart.

https://www.wish.com/product/5cdcc5d984861a5f954590f2?from_ad=goog_shopping&_display_country_code=US&_force_currency_code=USD&pid=googleadwords_int&c={campaignId}&ad_cid=5cdcc5d984861a5f954590f2&ad_cc=US&ad_curr=USD&ad_price=50.99&hide_login_modal=true&share=web

I see how your have your Atmos speakers mounted and I am NOT the authority on Atmos.  I'd like to hear a comment from an Atmos guy on the placement front and rear.

I bought tree panels back wall ..curtains I will get.. great idea.. curtain I have now may be simple..do you think room is small or good for this speakers?  

8 minutes ago, angelluisg said:

do you think room is small or good for this speakers?

Take what I say with a grain of salt, I am more of a minimalist with a 5.1 living room setup.  I think your room and your setup is fantastic!

You've surrounded your listening position with quality speakers everywhere.  You have a strong amp and a great pre-pro that will make all those speakers play nice together.  That is such a luxury to have that much dedicated space, IMO.

There are always things one can do to fiddle with the sound, but you've got to be 95% there.  Enjoy!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, wvu80 said:

Take what I say with a grain of salt, I am more of a minimalist with a 5.1 living room setup.  I think your room and your setup is fantastic!

You've surrounded your listening position with quality speakers everywhere.  You have a strong amp and a great pre-pro that will make all those speakers play nice together.  That is such a luxury to have that much dedicated space, IMO.

There are always things one can do to fiddle with the sound, but you've got to be 95% there.  Enjoy!

@wvu80 thank you it's fair, what I say ... I would like to hear in more detail, more separated and more immersive ... any idea?

2 hours ago, angelluisg said:

Hello everyone, my question is the following ... I have been making updates and I think I have got a good system, however I feel that it can give more, as for example in dolby atmos it could have more details and sound more separate ... sometimes I think it is my room? (3 room acoustics panels) Sometimes I think they are the speakers of Dolby Atmos? (more power?) I just integrated the surround back RP-600m and the sound has changed ... I have more volume, but less detail and when I listen to music ... it has a lot of brightness ... (multi-stereo) .. I have read on crossover, I have it in 40 hz front and surround back 40 khz and surround side 110 hz and all dolby atmos 150 hz and ..

All I've been looking for since I got this hobby is sound separation, detail and clarity in sound. How can you help me get it? I'm listening

I am running system 7.2.4  AV Marantz AV 7705 (preamp) + Monolith 11X (amp)

Front  (L & R) klipsch RP-280F --Klipsch Center RP 504C  

Subwoofer klipsch R-115SW---SVS PB-1000 Subwoofer

Klipsch Surround back RP 600m (recent install) ---Klipsch Surround rare Rp-402S

Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp 140SA front-----Klipsch Dolby Atmos Rp  500SA back

living Room size 13 x 31 (403 sq feet complete) (used front TV is 13 x 12 sq feet tree panel acoustic room in back wall 

IMG_1764.jpeg

--------overall setup looks ok  --------but , the 4 smaller speakers should be placed much lower , I would have all  4  front facing and a tad  higher than the TV  , and not wider than the TV , 1 next to the other in a row  ----- to give you clearer vocals ---------and have the sound come at you -----rather than be high up and thinning the sound of the other speakers

1 hour ago, Negatron said:

Have you tried angling your front speakers...also angle your center channel up, so it is aimed at your head at ear height. I would try angling your speakers an inch or so at a time and then listen to see what you like.

@Negatron venter channel yes..another (L&R) I will ..thanks 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

the 4 smaller speakers should be placed much lower , I would have all  4  front facing and a tad  higher than the TV  , and not wider than the TV , 1 next to the other in a row  ----- to give you clearer vocals ---------and have the sound come at you -----rather than be high up and thinning the sound of the other speakers

@RANDYH

very well ..thank you .. at what height do you suggest? .. this photo is an idea of how it is distributed .. since there have been changes I will make one soon and I will upload it .. I will take note and I will tell you later

14 minutes ago, angelluisg said:

@RANDYH

very well ..thank you .. at what height do you suggest? .. this photo is an idea of how it is distributed .. since there have been changes I will make one soon and I will upload it .. I will take note and I will tell you later

overall setup is fine , dont touch any speakers other than the 4 that are closer to the ceiling  ,

-1)  bring the 4 speakers lower to be a couple of inches higher than the rear speakers  , the fronts should be  1 inch higher than the TV ----- and over the TV facing you -

2) if that does not work for you -------place all 4 small speakers above the TV in a row with a inch  or 2 from each other --------the sound of these speakers would then accentuate the center's performance ,  and have the sound come at you , while leaving the rest of the sound intact - 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

bring the 4 speakers lower to be a couple of inches higher than the rear speakers  , the fronts should be  1 inch higher than the TV ----- and over the TV facing you -

@RANDYH I will test 2 pair Dolby atmos speakers ..I will tell you my experience ..thanks ..dolby atmos speakers colocation is very disfuncional..and very complex..the crossover too.. 

30 minutes ago, angelluisg said:

@RANDYH I will test 2 pair Dolby atmos speakers ..I will tell you my experience ..thanks ..dolby atmos speakers colocation is very disfuncional..and very complex..the crossover too.. 

that big sliding door doesnt help ,both I and Negatron suggested getting the sound more at ear level -basically moving the sound away from the door -and closer to the seated position where you can hear the effects -

-  I bet you the sound is different if you stand up  than when you sit down , while it should be the same at any height , once you reach that , you will enjoy it , and you will never change the positioning again -----

3 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

that big sliding door doesn't help ,both I and Negatron suggested getting the sound more at ear level -basically moving the sound away from the door -and closer to the seated position where you can hear the effects -

@RANDYH thanks ..I have curtain ..when I listening music or watching movies  closed door..and curtain too....but I take note..

2 hours ago, baron167 said:

Nice setup. All I see is reflective surface area. Glass doors, smooth floor, (mostly) empty walls and the ceiling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the huge suck-out to the right of the listening position is the biggest culprit.  Your gear and speakers are by no means the problem.  Hard surfaces and no reinforcement on the right.  

Bill

7 minutes ago, willland said:

I think the huge suck-out to the right of the listening position is the biggest culprit.  Your gear and speakers are by no means the problem.  Hard surfaces and no reinforcement on the right

I have curtain .. 

IMG_1777.jpeg