IF YOU CAN HELP? PLEASE READ AND TELL ME..

angelluisg

@angelluisg I have a few dumb questions regarding setup, so please bear with me because I don't want to make assumptions.

Have you run Audyssey?  If not, I think you should.  You have a very powerful version.

Do you have your 7705 connected to the amp via RCA cables, or XLR?  I recommend XLR.

It looks like you have a full Atmos setup.  Have you experimented with some of the other formats available, such as Neural-X?

Via the 7705, are your Atmos speakers set up as OVERHEAD speakers, or ELEVATION speakers?  Are the Atmos speakers physically configured to match?  I believe the 500SA has a switchable XO, not sure about the 140A.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, angelluisg said:

@wuzzzer yes ..great..I have both subwoofer 50hz  is the sub and 80hz in marantz av7705....

I just realized you have two subwoofers.  In all instances it's best to use two identical subwoofers, same model from the same brand.  Otherwise they can play against each other.

I would have suggested the opposite to what @RANDYH is saying regarding your Dolby Atmos speakers. The best placement for Dolby Atmos speakers is overhead in the ceiling, although it wouldn't be wrong mount them on the walls like you have if you can't put them on the ceiling. But if you're complaining about lack of sound separation and you want Dolby Atmos to be more effective, then you should be moving your Dolby Atmos height speakers higher and further away from your bed layer channels, not closer or lower in my opinion.

I have my Dolby Atmos speakers in the ceiling and I couldn't be happier with the performance of Dolby Atmos, so I would suggest once you've tried @RANDYH's suggestions (don't move them permanently), then try following Dolby Atmos' guidelines as closely as is convenient in your room, and see which you like more.

You'll find everything you need to know here: https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/speaker-setup-guides/7.1.4-overhead-speaker-setup-guide.html

For what it's worth, I would move the surround speakers further back as per dolby guidelines, but if you prefer them where you have them, that's fine too.

You have very good equipment in your system, so if you follow the Dolby Atmos guidelines as closely as reasonably possible and the room treatment suggestions others have made above, you should have a brilliant and very immersive, detailed sound.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, inMotionGraphics said:

I would have suggested the opposite to what @RANDYH is saying

it looks like the OP lives in an apartment  , and mounting these on a ceiling  would create vibrations in the floor above the ceiling-

2 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

it looks like the OP lives in an apartment  , and mounting these on a ceiling  would create vibrations in the floor above the ceiling-

For what it's worth, this is what I did in my apartment, and my upstairs neighbor says they no longer hear or feel anything when we're watching movies, although maybe they were just being polite at the time, but I've had no complaints and it seems like it did help reduce noise and vibration transmission, which was a nice bonus: 

Ceiling-Cloud-1.thumb.jpg.37f7fe0daaf5b803870edef9c296721f.jpg

A more detailed description of the build including the integrated acoustic absorption panels and decoupling seals etc can be found here: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Have you run Audyssey?  If not, I think you should.  You have a very powerful version.

I second the motion!   If you haven't set up Audyssey yet, you should.

Audyssey significantly improved the sound of my Klipschorn system and my treated room.  One of the improvements was more detail and clarity.  It is not a spectacular difference, but a difference, nonetheless.

Audyssey takes time and patience to set up -- too few people do it correctly, partly because the pre/pro or AVR manuals are not very clear (in some cases), and some contain mistakes.  Here is my advice:

1. Read both of the following before setting up Audyssey.  The first one is in question and answer form, and ultra clear, providing a nice cognitive map of the subject, but it lacks some new material.   The second one is more detailed and updated to 2020, inc the newer ideas on test microphone placement, etc.  I'd advise using the "Cliff Notes" format near the beginning, reading anything to do with Audyssey first!
  2. Virtually everyone ends up increasing the bass a few dB AFTER running Audyssey.  The reasons are given in the two documents.  The docs also discuss how to turn up the bass.

Click Here To Go Directly To The FAQ Questions And Answers.

and

GUIDE TO SUBWOOFER CALIBRATION AND BASS PREFERENCES  (Including Audyssey -- see table of contents)

* The Guide linked above is a comprehensive guide to Audio & HT systems, including:
Speaker placements & Room treatments; HT calibration & Room EQ; Room gain; Bass
Preferences; Subwoofer Buyer's Guide: Sealed/ported; ID subs; Subwoofer placement.

• Like 1

Looks like you have room to spread all the right side out wider...do you?  Toe those front one in a bit. Get furniture grippers for the front ones also . Loos like you have everything set up in a exact square which is self defeating.    Notice the rears are closer together and not pointing at the mains. The sides are even with the couch. Not a square setup.    So if you spread the fronts out a bit then move TV and couch over to center then move rears in and sides back it might be better .  See the source image

14 hours ago, wvu80 said:

Do you have your 7705 connected to the amp via RCA cables, or XLR?  I recommend XLR.

It looks like you have a full Atmos setup.  Have you experimented with some of the other formats available, such as Neural-X?

Via the 7705, are your Atmos speakers set up as OVERHEAD speakers, or ELEVATION speakers?  Are the Atmos speakers physically configured to match?  I believe the 500SA has a switchable XO, not sure about the 140A.

@wvu80 thanks ..connection XLR  included dual subwoofer.. Audyssey run and give me L & R 40 HZ center  40 hz surround side (RB-402S) 110 HZ surround back 40hz 4 dolby atmos  60 hz ..speaker are dolby atmos by klipsch both 2 pair .. 

IMG_6041.jpeg

57 minutes ago, angelluisg said:

thanks ..connection XLR  included dual subwoofer..

Audyssey run and give me L & R 40 HZ center  40 hz surround side (RB-402S) 110 HZ surround back 40hz 4 dolby atmos  60 hz ..speaker are dolby atmos by klipsch both 2 pair .. 

Neither the Klipsch nor the SVS subs support XLR.  Both support high level input and low level RCA input.  I would not use two different subs btw, I would disconnect the SVS 10" and keep the Klipsch 15".  By using two different brands of subs I suspect you are getting some cancellation and/or smearing of the LF sound.

I'm not worried about the sub connection, but the connection from the Marantz pre-pro to the amplifier.  Can you clarify if it's XLR or RCA, maybe take a picture?  It's not a huge deal but I'd like to see you get the best performance out of what you have.

There are some problems with the XO points of the RP-504C center.  You say Audyssey set it to 40 Hz but it only goes down to 58 Hz.  It should have been set to 60 or 70 Hz.

Likewise the RP-402S.  Audyssey should not have set it to 40 Hz, it only goes to 62 Hz.  It should have been set to 70 or 80 Hz.

What crossover on the speaker do you have the RP-500A set to?  It's a physical switch, located near the keyhole.  I have to admit, I'm not sure which setting is correct for you.  You might want to consult the manual.  If you use the Atmos setting that might be for bouncing the sound off the ceiling.

Posts---Klipsch-RP-500SA.jpg

12 hours ago, inMotionGraphics said:

For what it's worth, this is what I did in my apartment, and my upstairs neighbor says they no longer hear or feel anything when we're watching movies, although maybe they were just being polite at the time, but I've had no complaints and it seems like it did help reduce noise and vibration transmission, which was a nice bonus: 

@inMotionGraphics awesome room..wow!! I have panel acoustics 

IMG_6046.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Neither the Klipsch nor the SVS subs support XLR.  Both support high level input and low level RCA input.  I would not use two different subs btw, I would disconnect the SVS 10" and keep the Klipsch 15".

thanks , conection XLR is Marantz AV 7705 to monolith x11 .. and subwoofer , cable pin XLR 

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

There are some problems with the XO points of the RP-504C center.  You say Audyssey set it to 40 Hz but it only goes down to 58 Hz.  It should have been set to 60 or 70 Hz.

you wright , when audyssey sets in 40 hz for me sounds better 60 hz ..thanks

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

Likewise the RP-402S.  Audyssey should not have set it to 40 Hz, it only goes to 62 Hz.  It should have been set to 70 or 80 Hz.

always audyssey sets 110 hz ..check picture is surround side 

1 hour ago, wvu80 said:

What crossover on the speaker do you have the RP-500A set to?  It's a physical switch, located near the keyhole.  I have to admit, I'm not sure which setting is correct for you.  You might want to consult the manual.  If you use the Atmos setting that might be for bouncing the sound off the ceiling.

manufacturer (klipsch ) said minimum dolby atmos set 150 hz  but audyssey sets in 60 hz always.. 

IMG_6046.jpeg