Win 10 Update Trashes Realtex Audio

Dave A

Two of us had downloaded the latest Dell audio updates. I am betting both of us were also updating Win 10 at the same time. This MS update causes trouble with Realtex sound cards and if you suffer from this I think a complete re-install of the driver from the Realtex site is the way to go. Fixed my problem completely. I was blaming Dell at first but no it is those wonderful people from MS.

https://www.windowslatest.com/2020/05/17/windows-10-kb4556799-issues/

• Like 1

Software is a funny thing. I deal with CAD and CAM software that is also quite large and complex. There are bugs that get in there all the time and these are programs that cost a cumulative of north of $15,000 combined and yearly fees were another $3,000 on top of that. It is why I stepped off the renew your CAD CAM merry go round two years ago. More money for more headaches, I don't think so. But these PC's are not allowed online so I can stay with legacy things without problems. Safety with an online OS is a problem so newer is safer than old so what choice do you have? Personally I despise Win 10 and really did not want to give up Win 7

5 hours ago, 7heavenlyplaces said:

Yes Win 10 update also disabled my sound card driver (Audigy) so took it to the repair shop guys downtown. After fairly extensive messing around with it the only solution was to wipe the existing win10 and install a completely new win10  with all required drivers...they wanted more $ than the computer is worth to do it!

I am betting re-installing the Audigy driver would have done the trick. Worked for ILI and I. They probably couldn't figure the problem out so fell back on hey, we can always do a complete re-install of Win10.