Nice Forte II pair in MLK sold

314carpenter

48 minutes ago, rockhound said:

800 these things have really went up over the last year.

Edit: I am no longer monitoring this sale.

Yep. Stay at home drove up demand. Evictions sales are lagging. I am counting the hours to better gauge exactly how much they have gone up. At least in MLK. In general terms, if they sell in 1 day they were way too cheap. 1 month and probably got top dollar. More than 2 months and someone likely got price gouged. I find most recent listings are usually either too high or too low which throws off the averages. Time is a better indicator. My guess I give this one is less than 2 weeks away from being deleted. I would give $600 NP. Current value of the parts is about $500. I am more curious to just watch so I can better gauge this covid-19 market. Besides my current inventory needs thinning.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

. I am counting the hours to better gauge exactly how much they have gone up. At least in MLK. In general terms, if they sell in 1 day they were way too cheap. 1 month and probably got top dollar. More than 2 months and someone likely got price gouged.

I find most recent listings are usually either too high or too low which throws off the averages. Time is a better indicator. My guess I give this one is less than 2 weeks away from being deleted. I would give $600 NP. Current value of the parts is about $500.

Pretty good analysis, IMO.

My Heritage Prices spreadsheet shows F2's in Good condition at $556, 34 data points.  The last five were 300 - 700 - 475 - 1000 - 600. 

Of particular interest is the $300 set which is a confirmed price, FB Market Place.  The other interesting sale was $1000, also a confirmed price on Facebook, Marketplace Klipsch Owners, Feb 2020.  This set was described as "Mint" and was in original boxes.

Klipsch Heritage used prices ver 2020-05.xlsx

I usually see this kind of thing happen when family sells your stuff from under you. Either that or a clueless person using a computer for the first time. They get mass calls from the usual flippers and boom price goes up and etiquette goes out. 

3 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:
12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

Now $1100.

OH. OK. Seen this happen before. I am done with this whole thread. NM.

You should have snagged those $500 F2's when they were only $800!  🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Sorry I wasted your time

You didn't, at least for me.  It's part of my interest in this hobby to see what Klipsch prices are doing around the country.

Besides, what else do we have to do?  😷

• Like 1

Found another winner

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/brookfield-klipsch-heresy-ii/7127670105.html

Quoting the listing 

"Just paid $300 the other day of off FB. I’m asking more than double plus you have to repair a tweeter. Isn’t capitalism great?"

I would not give this DB a nickel.

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Found another winner

https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/ele/d/brookfield-klipsch-heresy-ii/7127670105.html

Quoting the listing 

"Just paid $300 the other day of off FB. I’m asking more than double plus you have to repair a tweeter. Isn’t capitalism great?"

• do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers

At least i appreciate this guys honesty...

23 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Quoting the listing 

He changed it to 250. 

"Just paid $250 the other day of off FB. I’m asking more than double plus you have to repair a tweeter. Isn’t capitalism great?"

13 hours ago, iaRIVR said:

At least i appreciate this guys honesty...

More than likely he is on a grind is actually anti capitalism. Someone probably gave them to the seller and he is being a DB.  

On 5/20/2020 at 12:48 PM, 314carpenter said:

OH. OK. Seen this happen before. I am done with this whole thread. NM.

These things happen. Several of us have listed things that turned out to be a scam,  or Chuck. I'm not going to stop trying to pass on great deals to fellow members. These things turn into entertainment.