RF-7 III natural cherry color

Boof

@Boof,

Welcome to the forum.

Klipsch Reference RF-7 II Cherry backKlipsch Reference RF-7 III Dual rear-firing ports

I personally think the RF-7IIIs(bottom) cherry veneer looks to be much closer to natural cherry than the RF-7IIs(top).  One note, cherry ages darker over time.  Faster if in or near direct sunlight.  I bought my natural cherry RF-63's used and about 2 years after production date in May 2008.  It was clear that they had darkened(red/pinkish hue) since new.  I bought my new natural cherry RC-64 about 2 years after the 63s and they were as close to young natural cherry as you could get which really does no have any "red" in it.   Now with almost 10 years of aging, the 64s are just about the same shade as my 63s.

You want some red hues, give them a good suntan for a few days and you will be amazed at the transformation.

Bill

Here are some photos of the speaker stands I made with real natural cherry lumber.  They needed a good suntan to catch up with my 17 years old cherry RB-75s.  Nothing but a clear poly coat applied to raw cherry lumber.  Of course sanded and buffed.  If you saw a photo now of the stands and speakers, the stands have passed the speakers and are darker/redder.

Bill

RB-75 on cherry stand close up.jpg

RB-75 on cherry stand right.jpg

RB-75 on cherry stand side.jpg

RB-75 on cherry stand.jpg

RB75 RSW10d rig angle.jpg

Refinish Cherry Speaker Stands Front.jpg

Mine definitely have more red in the color. And Willand mentioned cherry  darkens more over time. Mine are RF7 II and they have more reddish tone now than these pictures show. They look more like the bottom front right speaker now. A lot the color tone will depend on lighting and room colors/treatments reflecting the light.

RF-7 II_1.jpg

RF-7 II_2.jpg

• Like 1