new here, first question.

OutLier4L

hi

my sub is an R-100SW which is connected to my R-15PM’s using LFE, the Gain is about 3/4, the Low Pass is set to LFE. This setup is primarily used for with my turntable AT-LP60X connected via 3.5mm/RCA cable, i use the Phono setting. Auto On is on and Phase is 0

ok so here’s the question. when i’m down using them I turn the speakers off but every five minutes or so you can hear the sub make a sound, its the sound it would make when you turn it on I guess is the only way to explain it. it’s faint but noticeable. based off the details provided above, is there something i should be doing different? 

Edited by OutLier4L

Welcome to the forum.

Perhaps the power mode is set to Auto, and the sub’s amp is sensing a signal when there isn’t one so it is switching power on / off? Or the switch is dirty, causing the mode to alternate on / off.  Try setting the power mode to either Off or On, and of course use the actual power button to turn On or Off as needed. If you have some Deoxit, try cleaning the toggle switch? Hope this helps.

• Like 1

I wondered about that Auto On, I’ll switch it on or off like you said when I’m not using it. As far as cleaning, i could try that but its brand new; I would hope its not dirty already 

One more thing, the manual covered everything except Gain. Got a general rule of thumb for that?

thanks for your response 

Level/Gain: Essentially, just a volume knob. You can control the subwoofer's volume directly here. Or, you can simply set the knob to about 60-75% (about 2 or 3 o'clock) and then control the subwoofer volume within your receiver or pre-amp settings.”

Never mind, didn’t realize in the manual that Level was basically Gain.

@OutLier4L with the sub in auto, you should hear one click after 5 to 15 minutes when you turn your amp / avr off. It should work especially with a new sub. I would make sure your amp / avr is off then listen for a while to see if the sub goes off. You shouldn’t have to manually turn the sub on and off. But if auto mode is not working perhaps you will have to.