The Hunt has ended

joessportster

I ran across the name Lance Cochrane a few times over the years. Recently I came across this article at Enjoy the Music http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/equipment/1010/master_builder.htm

I have gone the SET route for years but as age has set in and things decline, I have found myself leaning more & more to the MUSICAL side of things and a fuller sound. After reading the article and seeing what Dick Olsher had to say about Lances Cherry Bomb amp I set out to get in touch with Lance. I did get in touch to find out Lance seems very down to earth despite living on the left coast. We emailed back and forth a few times. Lance informed me he was no longer building to order. The rat race that is audio got to be more of a job than fun and he decided he was done. Lance did tell me he had a few amps already built and he would part with 1. We struck up a deal. A testament to Lances integrity the amp I chose was setting on display at a friends business, upon retrieval Lance tested the amp and found more noise than he likes. He offered to swap amps or refund my $$$.  I chose to take Lance up on his offer to swap and BOY AM I GLAD I DID.

A few short days later the amp arrives in bomb proof packing. Its a 6L6 push pull, SS rectified amp and Dick Olsher was right the amp is emotionally moving, and supremely musical

This is my official withdraw from the amp search, I am off the wagon........................If you ever get the chance I could not recommend Lances amps highly enough

• Like 2

I own a 6L6 amp built by Lance Cochrane as well.  I bought mine about five years ago.  I really enjoy listening to music through it. 

I give it the summer off when its warm outside.  But when fall rolls around, I swap it back into my system.  The thought that comes to mind when I play the first song is "This thing sounds pretty good!".

Mark

Amp.JPG

• Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 8:19 AM, Jeffrey D. Medwin said:

If I ONLY had a thousand dollars, for each time I said that to myself....the hunt has ended. 

Enjoy yourself.

Jeff Medwin

You are not alone.........................But this time I mean it...........Really I do.😏

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marks said:

I own a 6L6 amp built by Lance Cochrane as well.  I bought mine about five years ago.  I really enjoy listening to music through it. 

I give it the summer off when its warm outside.  But when fall rolls around, I swap it back into my system.  The thought that comes to mind when I play the first song is "This thing sounds pretty good!".

Mark

Nice..........They do get WARM

Good to see other people enjoy his amps - don’t count me as one of them. Years ago the esteemed Mr. Cochran built me an amp - faulty out of the box, returned for repair. And to keep things civil he kept both the amp and my money - yep, great builder -