Couple of Old Shorthorns GONE to A Good Home

greg928gts

Gone to a good home

I've had these for at least 15 years and I never even listened to them.  My plan was to restore them and at the same time make them a matching pair.  I was going to make sure the crossovers parts were upgraded and that all the components worked properly, but keep them stock.  I just never got to it.  

They are a part of Klipsch history and I would hate to see someone take the parts out and sell them on ebay and throw the cabinets away.  Some people would do that.  

The money I get for them is not as important to me as making sure they go to a home where they will be kept original, or close to it, and enjoyed as pieces of art, or perhaps even as working speakers.  

Is there someone reading this who would like to be the next caretakers?  

I have lots more photographs, so please send me and email and I'll send them to you.  

Greg

20200426_101356.jpg

20200426_101409.jpg

20200426_101418.jpg

20200426_101449.jpg

20200426_101503.jpg

• Like 3

Several interested folks!  That's great.  Looks like these old dudes will find a good home after all.  

Here's a few more pics showing the drivers.  They are cool old drivers.  One of them has the Stephens woofer and the other has an EV 15WK.  If I remember correctly, someone years ago told me that the EV woofer was also used in them for a period of time.  Can anyone confirm that?  

I bought another EV 15WK (which will go with this pair of speakers) so I would have matching woofers in the cabinets.  The extra one is pictured above.  it needs to be reconed.  I don't know the condition of any of the other drivers or crossovers, sorry.  

Greg

Sh25.jpg

Sh33.jpg

Sh1.jpg

Sh26.jpg

1 hour ago, greg928gts said:

Here's a few more pics showing the drivers.  They are cool old drivers.  One of them has the Stephens woofer and the other has an EV 15WK.  If I remember correctly, someone years ago told me that the EV woofer was also used in them for a period of time.  Can anyone confirm that?  

@CaptnBob had a pair with the EV 15WK woofers.

• Like 1

Greg,

Good luck with your sale/give away.  They look nice.

Also, congrats on the new Volti Audio Razz.(I know, free plug)  

Now a speaker from you that the "common man" can own.:emotion-21::D

I hope they are a big success.

003004g.jpg

Bill