Klipsch R-15PM and Pro-Ject Klireftt Belt-Drive Audiophile Turntable

Dogdish

Hi all - I recieved the Klipsch R-15PM and Pro-Ject Klireftt Belt-Drive Audiophile Turntable 'plug and play' system yesterday and am having an issue with getting a clear sound when playing vinyl. It sounds quite muffled, particularly the lyrics. I know it's definately not the speakers as I have played other sources through the speakers and the speakers sound great. 

Anyone else have a similar set up with a similar issue? Any advice would be appreciated 🤓 

Thanks all!

No the issue isn't resolved... I've followed the set up instructions meticulously, which included having the switch set to phono on the speakers

i know it'll be something simple I just don't know what it is 😬

Edited by Dogdish

9 minutes ago, Dogdish said:

Yeah... All seems to be as is should. So frustrating considering it's sold as a Plug and Play!

normally these problems arrive when the phono cartridge type is not selected properly ----a)     --either MM or MC --------you must select the correct type if there is such an option ----

b)  a bad phono cartridge that has a defective cartridge or a bad stylus ----can cause these problems ----

c) the RCA cable is plugged  in the  correct ------red/white connectors at the rear of the speakers -  yes

d)  switch is on PHONO----power switch ON- yes

e)-  the 4 leading wires of the phono cartridge are well inserted in the headshell -   yes

5 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

normally these problems arrive when the phono cartridge type is not selected properly ----a)     --either MM or MC --------you must select the correct type if there is such an option ---- I don't have this option (from what I can see)

b)  a bad phono cartridge that has a defective cartridge or a bad stylus ----can cause these problems ---- I might buy another one just in case to see if indeed this is the problem, at the very least to rule this issue out

c) the RCA cable is plugged  in the  correct ------red/white connectors at the rear of the speakers -  yes

d)  switch is on PHONO----power switch ON- yes

e)-  the 4 leading wires of the phono cartridge are well inserted in the headshell -   yes

Interesting thing is, it tends to get worse the further in the stylus gets to the centre, so a few songs into the album...

8 minutes ago, Dogdish said:

Interesting thing is, it tends to get worse the further in the stylus gets to the centre, so a few songs into the album...

if the RCA cable is plugged correctly , /you have a problem with the turntable  or the amplifier in the speakers ------speakers are ok ,    where did you buy this package ------?

3 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

if the RCA cable is plugged correctly , /you have a problem with the turntable ------speakers are ok ,    where did you buy this package ------?

Oh really? You think it might be a dodgy turntable? I'm in Australia and had it shipped to me from Melbourne from a place called Digital Cinema. Should I contact them?

14 minutes ago, Dogdish said:

Oh really? You think it might be a dodgy turntable? I'm in Australia and had it shipped to me from Melbourne from a place called Digital Cinema. Should I contact them?

----------yes ---------100%  , this is a warranty problem ---

they might  troubleshoot the issue over the phone  , they will check all your remote settings first   ,  I hope they can determine whether it's  any of these 4 problems 

a ) settings   b) the turntable wiring  --------or  c)  the phono cartridge ------- or d) ,   the amp at the back of the speakers that has an issue in it's RCA phono connectors on the main board -----

3 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

----------yes ---------100%  , this is a warranty problem ---

they might  troubleshoot the issue over the phone  , they will check all your remote settings first   ,  I hope they can determine whether it's  any of these 4 problems 

a ) settings   b) the turntable wiring  --------or  c)  the phono cartridge ------- or d) ,   the amp at the back of the speakers that has an issue in it's RCA phono connectors on the main board -----

Thanks so much for your advice. I've already been given a number to call, I'll let you know how I get on 👍🏼

Thank you everybody but the issue is now fixed! It was a cartridge issue for all of those that guesed this congratulations!!! I checked the alignment of the cartridge and although it was pretty good (was a little out) - I discovered the screws were LOOSE!!! So the cartridge was not being held in properly! 😳 Either came loose during transportation OR never screwed in properly during assembly 🤓

• Like 1