Enter my signature details

• 2 months later...

Still see no way of offering my signature details on my account settings.

Would a Moderator please step in and advise me of how to do this or offer a facility to do so. The reason I ask is that it would be helpful for other members to see what my set up is in conjunction with information I'm asking about or recommendations that I may make. Thanking you in advance.

Hi jimjimbo,

Thanks for your info. That was the first place I tried and there is nothing there to control my signature.

I have explored all of my available settings and expanded all areas of the account controls with no luck. Signature does not appear anywhere I'm afraid.

Thanks for your time though.

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Hi jimjimbo,

Thanks for your info. That was the first place I tried and there is nothing there to control my signature.

I have explored all of my available settings and expanded all areas of the account controls with no luck. Signature does not appear anywhere I'm afraid.

Thanks for your time though.

• let's  go through it again ,    Top right corner ----Account  Settings   ,  not Settings -----scroll all the way down  to Signature , if you don't see it , log out , sign back in  , and try again

here is the screen shot of the options -in Account Settings

• Like 1

Note that you can click on your NAME in the upper corner, or on your IMAGE and both will take you somewhere different (though both might have access to same info??)

I always get tripped up on those.

Hi,

It seems that TasDom may have a valid point here,

All the members displaying a high post count have the ability to post a signature.

Maybe that's the key?

Many thanks TasDom. I think you may have answered the mysterious reason why I can't create a signature.

Perhaps a Moderator will confirm with me soon.

11 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Hi,

All the members displaying a high post count have the ability to post a signature.

Maybe that's the key?

Many thanks TasDom. I think you may have answered the mysterious reason why I can't create a signature.

,  the post count could be  it ,   but , last question  ,  Did you try a different Browser ----------not sure what you are  using -------as an Internet Browser , are you on MAC or Windows

29 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Hi,

Maybe that's the key?

ok - I found it , I logged into internet via android , and I  can't see the signature either   , on the mobile -----------on  Firefox or Chrome , sign in with  a PC -------

OK. I'm on my Laptop and have logged in via Microsoft Edge..... the new fan-dangled Internet browser.... but still no Signature available. Just showing the same info screen as before.

I am going to try Firefox and Chrome via the Laptop just in case. I will post an update shortly. Thanks for your time and troubles RandyH000. Appreciated. 

So, fired up Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox via my Laptop.

No change I'm afraid. No Signature facility showing on any platform.

I think I will now await a Moderator to confirm settings required within my Account or advise of alternative requirements.

Seems silly not being able to enter Signature details as it helps other users identify your set up which may be of relevance to them and others. I'm sure there is a good reason why it does not appear.

Many thanks to all who participated. I appreciate the ideas and inputs and the time you spent on replying to me.

Edited by Retrograde

On 7/29/2020 at 8:37 PM, Thaddeus Smith said:

There's a minimum post count requirement. Can't for the life of me remember what it is, but based on your current count and still not seeing the option I'm betting it's 50 or greater.

THAD  thanks for the confirmation, but  with Firefox and Chrome ,on my Android ,  I can't see the Singnature in the drop-down menu either ----but I can see it on my PC-LAPTOP

Many thanks Thaddeus Smith for your information. I will take this as the official reason why I cannot enter a Signature at the moment.

No reply as of today from Chad the Moderator to confirm or change my settings.

So I will wait to reach that possible magic number of 50 posts and see what happens.

Edited by Retrograde

• Chad locked this topic