Found Chorus 1 NW Indiana

jimjimbo

I had someone contact me about a pair that they had.  Said they were in excellent condition, which is great, but refused to take any photos or to tell me their asking price until I offered up what I was willing to pay.....sight unseen.  Why not just tell me what you would like to get for them, and we can go from there?  Pretty simple really.  I am happy to pay the right price for the right speaker, no problem.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

I am happy to pay the right price for the right speaker, no problem.

That's a fact. I had a guy tell me about a pair of La Scalas and the pictures looked good. I get out there and the pictures were from years ago and were they nasty.  You just never know.

12 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

Looking for a pair of Chorus 1.  Please PM me with your asking price and condition of the speakers and we can go from there.  Willing to drive a little way if necessary.  Thanks.

•  

why Chorus 1 versus Chorus II ---?

55 minutes ago, Dave A said:

Because they are front ported and work anywhere with no wall required would be my answer.

That would certainly be a big part of it, but also because they are for a friend, and this model is what they asked me to look for.

And yes, I have heard Chorus 1, and I was very impressed with the quality of their output.  I have honestly never been a big fan of Chorus 2, partly because of the placement issue, but even with that issue mitigated, and with quality amplification behind them, they still sounded to me like a blanket was over the front.....until....you cranked them up beyond 90db where they then began to improve.  That's just me.

I had two pairs of Chorus 1 here last year which I refurbished and then sold.  Really should have kept one pair but had other projects going on at the time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jimjimbo said:

I had someone contact me about a pair that they had.  Said they were in excellent condition, which is great, but refused to take any photos or to tell me their asking price until I offered up what I was willing to pay.....sight unseen. 

How about $350? That's probably where I would start in a situation like that to keep me interested if they want a higher offer they need to justify it with some pictures IMO.

10 minutes ago, jimjimbo said:

with quality amplification behind them, they still sounded to me like a blanket was over the front.....until....you cranked them up beyond 90db where they then began to improve.  That's just me.

I had two pairs of Chorus 1 here last year which I refurbished and then sold.  Really should have kept one pair but had other projects going on at the time.

Sounds like the Exponential vs Tractrix experience to me the Tractrix is more "open" sounding vs the pointed sound of the Exponential.   

The Titanium mid upgrade helps with the lower volume output of the Chorus II loads them with lots of detail it just ruins them at higher volumes they get shouty and annoying pretty quick.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

How about $350? That's probably where I would start in a situation like that to keep me interested if they want a higher offer they need to justify it with some pictures IMO.

I understand what you are saying, but I just don't do business that way.  Gives me the impression that we are in some kind of competition as to who will surrender first.....

• Like 1