Found Chorus 1 NW Indiana

jimjimbo

1 hour ago, jjptkd said:

How about $350? That's probably where I would start in a situation like that to keep me interested if they want a higher offer they need to justify it with some pictures IMO.

Where on Earth? Must be dreaming. Stuck in a time capsule. Just because you wouldn't. #157 in line.

9 hours ago, 314carpenter said:

Where on Earth? Must be dreaming. Stuck in a time capsule. Just because you wouldn't. #157 in line.

My point was addressing the lack of interest of the seller to properly list / advertise his speakers if he cant be bothered to do some basic footwork on his end a potential buyer could just as easily approach the purchase with the same amount of enthusiasm.

I would not expect to buy the speakers at that price just start the conversation on why he would need to do a little more work on his end if he expects a more appropriate offer. 

After buying tons of speakers and equipment over the years need to learn to cut to the chase and spot wasters of time sooner than later so you can spend more time chasing other deals.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jjptkd said:

After buying tons of speakers and equipment over the years need to learn to cut to the chase and spot wasters of time sooner than later

It's not always easy, but you're right.  "Make me an offer"......sight unseen, is not my idea of a proper negotiation.  

• Like 3

I regret passing on a pair of these for $800 bucks because they didn’t “spec” low enough for me, on paper...

I was looking for something that went lower than my Cornwalls, on paper...

THEN I read how Mr. Bob Crites himself had posted here that he had a VERY hard time telling the two apart.

I now have the KP-301s (exact same drivers in practically the same size, less pretty box) that also don’t spec low enough for me, on paper...

Yet they consistently deliver satisfying bass that belies the “specs” because the K-48 responds SO well to tone controls and still stays tight.

Live and learn, eh?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, geoff. said:

THEN I read how Mr. Bob Crites himself had posted here that he had a VERY hard time telling the two apart.

I remember somewhere here, Bob posting how his partial hearing loss did not make him the best judge by ear. If you need a good judge find yourself a youngster to tell you what's happening.