La Scala AL4 Info needed

Abbbbenator

Thanks for any help,

I have purchased used La Scala:

S/N LS4BR170313 0018

S/N LS4BR170313 0019

Can you please tell me about the version, age, components, value and anything else about these.
Also does anyone have a PDF owner's manual and any other documentation?
Very happy to have them. They sound great!

La Scala (2).jpg

Edited by Abbbbenator
Item missing

Getting mixed answers from customer service.

Are these one piece La Scalas no longer made?

If so when did they stop?

Could you also please tell me what happened to the serial number program which use to decipher the serial number code into speaker build date and particulars?

I no longer see this on the company website.

All history questions....

The single box LaScala was discontinued when the AL5 two-piece version was introduced in 2006.

I have no access to serial numbers after the hand-written logbooks were replaced with computer systems in about 1983.  These systems changed many times.  Whether the documentation exists currently would be a Klipsch Group, Inc. (KGI) question.  There is the "CODEX" which has resided on the Forum for many years.  It is attached.

To be clear, I worked until 2016 for KGI.  I now work for the Klipsch Heritage Museum Association, Inc., a distinct non-profit organization, and not a part of KGI.  

CODEX KLIPSCH SERIAL NUMBERSV4 - JAN 2016.doc

image.png.6ec326c09e147c3dc268c4f4dd668d13.png

I was looking for older documentation like this for my model but, it seems unavailable.

I keep getting sent stuff with two piece configuration and nothing with specs for a 2003 built speaker.

I was told by Klipsch customer support my speakers were La Scalla II and built in 2017.

They look that new but, everything else points to built in 2003. That is why I asked about the serial number decoder.

So now one might understand what I mean about receiving mixed messages.

I do appreciate any replies giving help to find the right answers.

5 hours ago, Abbbbenator said:

there are clues to show that these  speakers are no way  2017  units -

1) they are 1 piece cabs ---2)- Split cabs started in 2006 3)- the cab is 3/4 inch wood versus 21 inch MDF which started in 2006  4) the badge on the speaker is a copper badge , which was used up until they introduced the plastic Pie Badge ----5)  the Midrange Driver is a K55X , which was designated in 2001  6)  the tweeter  is a K77F   flush mounted  7) the AL4 network started in 2001  ----so yes 2003 sounds about right 

14 hours ago, Abbbbenator said:

I was told by Klipsch customer support my speakers were La Scalla II and built in 2017.

They look that new but, everything else points to built in 2003. That is why I asked about the serial number decoder.

This thread from Nov 2012 and should settle for sure yours aren’t from 2017 since your serial #s preceded this one.

Looks like 2003 Year for your pair is a reasonable conclusion based on all the evidence others have posted.

Picture from thread: 

BDAFA8E1-566A-4900-A341-08A79183014C.thumb.jpeg.48b836c76b36d657ef7b0baf41e20856.jpeg

23218630-9291-4A95-9640-7AB5A75DA9EC.thumb.jpeg.9e6ef50316942fc22fd18cd914214fbc.jpeg

Another thread with information that yours are after 2002 narrowing down that yours were built between this one with (the older style AL4 crossover vs newer style printed circuit board type AL4 of yours) and the introduction of the La Scala ll in 2006.