klipsch forte II vs Rogers studio 1

syrupchan

Hello! I am trying to decide between buying a pair of klipsch forte 2 that the seller says have "recapped crossovers and updated tweeter diaphragms" for $800 or a pair of rogers studio 1s for $700

they both appear to be in fantastic condition littles scrapes but other than that they look great.

Has anyone heard both speakers to help me decide?

1 hour ago, moray james said:

go get the Forte ll right now!!! before they are gone, that is a good deal today.

i forgot to mention that i have a carver m500t thats known for having a sort of tubey sound do you think this will pair well? if so ill run out and get these babys right now haha

sorry at this level buying a speaker to make an amp with a problem sound less problematic is not much of a plan get a better amp, why waste a perfectly fine loudspeaker on a lesser quality amp? I suspect you have already waited too long but call anyway this may be your lucky day. Those Carver cube amps also have a reputation for going south as well they are apparently not very stable.

14 hours ago, syrupchan said:

i forgot to mention that i have a carver m500t thats known for having a sort of tubey sound do you think this will pair well? if so ill run out and get these babys right now haha

@moray james, I didn’t infer that syrupchan implied a negative quality when he said “tubey sound.”  Had he said, “tubby sound,” that would have been different.

5 hours ago, DizRotus said:

@moray james, I didn’t infer that syrupchan implied a negative quality when he said “tubey sound.”  Had he said, “tubby sound,” that would have been different.

haha its alright the carver actually sounds great honestly part of the reason i got it is for how it looks i do plan on getting a better amp down the line but i figured that this might be a pretty good deal for the fortes now (considering if i wait even longer theyll be worth even more probably). also i got the carver amp fully restored like almost everything inside it is pretty much new so i doubt ill have problems with it for a while

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, syrupchan said:

haha its alright the carver actually sounds great honestly part of the reason i got it is for how it looks i do plan on getting a better amp down the line but i figured that this might be a pretty good deal for the fortes now (considering if i wait even longer theyll be worth even more probably). also i got the carver amp fully restored like almost everything inside it is pretty much new so i doubt ill have problems with it for a while

nothing wrong with a rebuild but new parts won't make a circuit that likes to resonate change. Issues with the Carver Cube were for the most part load dependent ones so you maybe you will luck out with the Forte. If you are happy then be happy,that is a good place to be so like they say be happy.

8 hours ago, moray james said:

nothing wrong with a rebuild but new parts won't make a circuit that likes to resonate change. Issues with the Carver Cube were for the most part load dependent ones so you maybe you will luck out with the Forte. If you are happy then be happy,that is a good place to be so like they say be happy.

oh its not the cube its the 500t, the cubes are the 400 i think? I did hear that the cubes had a lot of problems though and I avoided them because of that the 500t is exponentially better as far as reliability goes from what ive seen people saying online. im picking up the forte iis tomorrow and i am so excited to see how they match together (if its not obvious im rather new to this i was more of a headphone guy before i decided i wanted to be a bit more free with music and not tied down to a chair haha)