La Scalla AL4 Info Needed

• Klipsch Employees
On 7/13/2022 at 9:53 AM, Crankysoldermeister said:

Read Bob's comments carefully.

Both the AL-4 and AK-4 had resistors in the low pass tweaked when they went to two piece MDF build of the LaScala (LaScala II), and the sealed back Klipschorn. Those networks became AL-5 and AK-5.

Bob can call them whatever but the al5 in the current la scala and AK6 in the current khorn are current. I also got confused myself so I intentionally wanted the updated speakers to carry the network name. La scala al5. Klipschorn ak6 

• Like 2

• Klipsch Employees
7 hours ago, Crankysoldermeister said:

The AL-4 was used in the original La Scala build for short time. When they went to the MDF build, they went to the AL-5. I mean, I was in Indy when they introduced it, and Mark Kaufman talked about how they had to mod the network -- which I thought he called the AL-5.

So, did they make a silent change in the AL-5 network when they went to the Celestion tweeter, and just continued to call it the AL-5 with a revision number on the board?

@Chief bonehead

Well…..mark was wrong. Al5 belongs to the new la scala because of the celestion tweeter. The AK6 belongs to the new khorn because of the new celestion tweeter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello everyone. Just recently became the proud owner of an AL4 pair. One piece cabin, impressive crossovers, phenomenal sound. They sound great with my vintage Marantz but can't wait to see what a tube SET amp sounds like with these!

2 questions to begin with.

1) Are the grills removable?? If yes, how do they come out?

S/N:LS4FB--04310006

2)My cabins weren't treated nice by the original owner. Fortunately, only veneer damage but still... How easy is it to repair the colour?

IMG_20221225_000029.jpg

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Makismbt said:

Hello everyone. Just recently became the proud owner of an AL4 pair. One piece cabin, impressive crossovers, phenomenal sound. They sound great with my vintage Marantz but can't wait to see what a tube SET amp sounds like with these!

2 questions to begin with.

1) Are the grills removable?? If yes, how do they come out?

S/N:LS4FB--04310006

2)My cabins weren't treated nice by the original owner. Fortunately, only veneer damage but still... How easy is it to repair the colour?

IMG_20221225_000029.jpg

Welcome to the forum.