Harman Kardon HK-730. Want to Buy

dwillie

Hey Drewg.  What a great offer.  We're close too, I'm in De Kalb/Sycamore.  How do you feel about the 430 vs 730?  Do you hear much difference between the two?  Are most people running these stock or does a rebuild seem justified?  Hope we can work something out Drewg.  Thanks for jumping in.  dwillie.

I’ll send you a PM.

13 minutes ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

You've too have been blessed...you probably have more than one. So far, what speakers have matched the best?

Well right now I have the amp section out to vintage La Scalas and H4s, and the sound quality is terrific.  I've had 730s and 930s out to the entire Heritage line and I have not been disappointed in any combination.  Have a 930 out to the original Super Heresy pair and the imaging is fantastic.  When volume matched to my Khorns/LS2/LS1 it''s pretty special.

Well right now I have the amp section out to vintage La Scalas and H4s, and the sound quality is terrific.  I've had 730s and 930s out to the entire Heritage line and I have not been disappointed in any combination.  Have a 930 out to the original Super Heresy pair and the imaging is fantastic.  When volume matched to my Khorns/LS2/LS1 it''s pretty special.

If you don’t mind me asking, what pre are you using with the HK amp section on your LaScalas?

On 5/26/2020 at 2:46 PM, dwillie said:

Thanks for your comments jason.  Pre-outs are important to me, and over the years I've gotten used to having them.  Nice to add different amps in and out of the line up for a little variety now and then.  I have never even seen a Citation set-up, but have heard it is at the top of this era's pyramid.  I'm open to the idea, where would you begin to look for the Citation Series ? 

You have to search, Hifishark and Ebay is a good place to start.

Old or vintage means it may need service, keep in mind when purchasing.

• Like 1