Want to Buy Gently Used RB-75s

gwestra@gmail.com

Please let me know if you are ready to offer up your RB-75s. I saw a pair last May about this time but was too late. I'd like to place in the front of a 5.1 HT system in my modest high rise loft in downtown KC. I'm open to a road trip up to 500 miles for the right pair of Klipsch. Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 1

@gwestra@gmail.com,

Welcome to the forum.

The 75s are definitely a special pair of speakers, especially in cherry.  As you know already, very hard to come by.  I had my pair shipped from Tacoma, Washington to Kissimmee, Florida and was on pins and needles waiting for them to arrive.

Good luck with your search.  I will do my best to help you come reach your goal.

Bill

• Like 1

20 hours ago, willland said:

@gwestra@gmail.com,

Welcome to the forum.

The 75s are definitely a special pair of speakers, especially in cherry.  As you know already, very hard to come by.  I had my pair shipped from Tacoma, Washington to Kissimmee, Florida and was on pins and needles waiting for them to arrive.

Good luck with your search.  I will do my best to help you come reach your goal.

Thank you so much, Bill and PMs! I honestly thought everyone would heckle and say "so is everyone else"... so the warm welcome is very much appreciated. 

29 minutes ago, TasDom said:

Nice find! A little on the high side imho but does say open to offers.

https://reverb.com/item/33423246-klipsch-rb-75-in-black-finish

Cool pic

szvnsieiwcozpd2mhhpn.jpg

Thanks Guys!!  I did reach out to this seller last week and he could not answer any questions about them. He just said "sorry this is my first time so I can't help you" which made it hard for me to take him seriously. Appreciate the heads up!

@TasDom I thought the price was a bit high, but 3 from one seller? Haven’t seen that before for RB75. List price translates to $1,875 or thereabouts Canuck bucks, yikes!  

Never say never... twice in the last couple years people posted Heresy for $50, within driving distance... missed both pair. 

But miracles do happen.

Update: I send a PM to Ed and asked him to call me. He bought the speakers new and used the third one for a center speaker. He got burned when selling a SUB recently online and it got returned so he is hesitant with shipping and really wants local pick up along with cash. I can't blame him. We are in discussion about price and shipping and will talk again tomorrow.

Note: he is not affiliated with Ed's Audio Emporium. That business name was in the pop down menu when he listed his sellers name as Ed :-). He is a retired Filipino American and gun-shy with email inquiries after the SUB sale went sideways. 

Thanks again, all. I will keep you posted.

Glenn  

8 minutes ago, CECAA850 said:

I've seen many speakers destroyed during shipping.  Unfortunately, it's not uncommon.

This ^^^^^. My first pair of 75’s arrived with the HF driver rattling around in the cabinet. Snapped clean off the plastic horn. The plastic horn/flange is no match for the HF 1.75 inch near Pro driver. Visually the box/package looked fine but it must have sustained a good enough drop to break the driver free. My current pair was a hand-off — 🤲

• Like 1

1 hour ago, richieb said:
2 hours ago, CECAA850 said:

I've seen many speakers destroyed during shipping.  Unfortunately, it's not uncommon.

This ^^^^^. My first pair of 75’s arrived with the HF driver rattling around in the cabinet. Snapped clean off the plastic horn. The plastic horn/flange is no match for the HF 1.75 inch near Pro driver. Visually the box/package looked fine but it must have sustained a good enough drop to break the driver free. My current pair was a hand-off — 🤲

+1 on both. I know a few members' B75 didn't survive shipping. I have bought a few pair of RB35 and a pair of RB75 and I made sure that I picked them up in person. 

2 hours ago, Woofers and Tweeters said:

+1 on both. I know a few members' B75 didn't survive shipping. I have bought a few pair of RB35 and a pair of RB75 and I made sure that I picked them up in person. 

sorry for your loss. same thing can happen shipping KLF20 or KLF30 best to remove the driver and pack separately, you can pack it inside the cabinet.

I have 2 pair of Cherry RB-75s. I have one pair for sale on offer up that I would sell for $400 because they have a slightly damaged corner. I have a nearly mint pair I’m using in my home theater as well. If you wanted those I would only sell them for $750. I have their original boxes as well. I’m in Phoenix if you are interested in either pair

https://offerup.com/item/detail/881587210/

• Like 2