Want to Buy Gently Used RB-75s

gwestra@gmail.com

13 hours ago, richieb said:

FedEx Ground - KC to N Carolina - 18 lbs. Insured for a grand = $46 

Please don't get anyone's hope up that shipping will be cheap. If I were to ship these each one would ship in a original box that is surrounded with HD foam. Dimensional weight is what drives the cost of shipping up. I paid around $80 ea when these were shipped to me (AZ) from NY.

4 hours ago, willland said:

More like 32lbs each unboxed, at least according to Klipsch spec sheet.

Bill

Wasn’t quoting a 75 shipping weight. It was the 18 lb. I shipped Monday as an example of shipping costs.

I have 75’s and understand they weigh considerably more than 18 ibs. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, richieb said:

Wasn’t quoting a 75 shipping weight. It was the 18 lb. I shipped Monday as an example of shipping costs.

sorry, I thought you were giving a cost for shipping single 75's. I drove to Vegas to pick up my first pair because it was cheaper to drive than it was to ship them and then it was safer as well obviously.

47 minutes ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

sorry, I thought you were giving a cost for shipping single 75's. I drove to Vegas to pick up my first pair because it was cheaper to drive than it was to ship them and then it was safer as well obviously.

No problem guys,  I was fully aware that the shipping wouldn’t be cheap but certainly appreciate the upfront honesty in regards to that..  Still mulling this one over,  Currently have the RP280f’s and I am trying to decide if this is more of a lateral move or an upgrade in comparison...

6 hours ago, willland said:

Bill

Bill I know you have the 83’s and the 75s, What do you say one is better than the other?  Only asking since I have the 280s and I would think they would be comparable to your 83’s...?

1 hour ago, richieb said:

Sorry, I definitely misunderstood.

Bill

15 minutes ago, xo705cf said:

Bill I know you have the 83’s and the 75s, What do you say one is better than the other?

I have RF-63s and RB-75s, not the 83s. 

As far as better between the 63s and 75s, almost could not tell which was which with subwoofers engaged.  Without subs, the 63s are closer to full range speakers and thump down deeper than the 75s as to be expected.  Both are fantastic speakers and very well balanced. 

21 minutes ago, xo705cf said:

Only asking since I have the 280s and I would think they would be comparable to your 83’s...?

I don't know if I would go that far but from what I have heard/read, the 280s are very fine speakers that can hold their own against much more expensive speakers in speaker land.

Bill

• Like 1

10 hours ago, willland said:

Bill

4 hours ago, finallygotmyheresies said:

3 hours ago, willland said:

Sorry, I definitely misunderstood.

Bill

No worries, boys. My example should have been better explained —

hey if you can't find 75s try to get a pair of RC7s. That may actually be easier to find. I've been running a pair of those for quite some time and they sound incredible. The grill looks a little funky when standing on end but just remove it. Also you can rotate the horn (I haven't) from what I understand.