3 Phenolic Tweeter Diaphragms from Forte I and Academy - $15 Ea.

japosey

27 minutes ago, longdrive03 said:

What type of materials are the domes?

Phenolic is created when weighted layers of cotton, paper or glass fabric mix are placed under heat and pressure and filled with synthetic resin. This creates an extremely durable and tough material that is exceptionally more lightweight than aluminum but offers many of the same benefits and applications.

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Frzninvt said:

Far smoother sounding than the metallized titanium that people think they are upgrading to.  Uggghhh

depends whether they are Factory or aftermarket ---------- I bought the aftermarket  for a set of  Chorus , they were terrible , and for a few dollars more , I bought  the factory parts and the result was a more dynamic sound  than Phenolic -clearer mids-highs

21 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

depends whether they are Factory or aftermarket ---------- I bought the aftermarket  for a set of  Chorus , they were terrible , and for a few dollars more , I bought  the factory parts and the result was a more dynamic sound  than Phenolic -clearer mids-highs

Link for the factory parts. If no link, history of your purchase please.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 314carpenter said:

Link for the factory parts. If no link, history of your purchase please.

I  purchased aftermarket parts on ebay , tons of sellers  , take your pick   , they are all the same stamped titanium dome-------------the factory parts were purchased from Klipsch parts    ----------they were very closely priced to the aftermarkets parts , I was happily surprised to find that out

6 hours ago, RandyH000 said:

I  purchased aftermarket parts on ebay , tons of sellers  , take your pick   , they are all the same stamped titanium dome

To be clear, you are not including Crites in this group because you did not compare Crites at the time?

the factory parts were purchased from Klipsch parts.                                                                                      With them being closed, this is not an option currently? I.e. Ebay Klispch factory supplier?          

• 2 weeks later...