Advice needed

Apatche64

Hi all ,

hope you are all well and healthy.

advise needed: 

I’m looking to upgrade my tv sound ( Samsung q85r) for better sound primarily for music but also to improve films etc.

was thinking at first to get a soundbar as a quick upgrade but realise I would get better sound from av receiver and a pair of decent speakers. 

any advise on what I could buy ? Was originally thinking of spending about £500 but I realise I may need to up that budget. 

I’m toying with getting a Dolby ready after receiver but buying only two speakers for now to upgrade over time, is that a good plan? 

Edited by Apatche64

• Moderators

Welcome and I would say it's the smart way of doing it.  Your right separate speakers will sound better in the long run. 

I would say start with the best pair you can get and later add to it to build a surround sound if you decide to go that way. I would look at the first pair to make sure they have a matching center and rears if you go that way later. A good speaker is a good speaker, for stereo or home theater, it's not like they are different.

Good luck and have fun.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!

Many of those here are into the home theater scene so you should be able to get some great advice.  Unfortunately I'm not into home theater.  The resident guru is @Youthman who surfaces occasionally.  He also has quite a few youtube videos up to drool over.  They'll surface!  Have fun and by all means enjoy!  :)