Manned SpaceX launch Saturday

dtel

yes it did ... i’m posting from the capsule now.  internet connection went out for about a minute after launch but is fine now. thought i’d hitch a ride and recycle all my jokes for the space aliens. 

sorry for not saying goodbye to you all, but after reading a few threads, it clear that you folks have just gotten way to smart for me. Not sure why the world leaders, scientists, and doctors just don’t join this forum -- all the answers are here. 

I forgot my ketchup so hopefully space ketchup will be available. 

• Like 3

To really prove himself - an electric 🚀 

Amazing accomplishment in 12 years and landing the first stage on a platform is beyond the beyond. I heard the analogy of dropping a pencil from a 100 story building to a target and sticking the landing on the eraser—

The SpaceX control room looks quite impressive and like the new space suits very modern and worthy of the space program. We visited the Houston complex a year ago and were granted access to the control room floor and had a good look see. It was a mishmash of keyboards, screens, chairs it just like what you’d expect from a space program. Easily showed the lack of funding over the years, as did the building itself. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, BigStewMan said:

if you’re not wearing a shiny silver space suit are you really an astronaut?

the new SpaceXsuits are as comfortable as jogging suits  ,, the electronics are built into the fabric -even the helmet can adapt to various lighting

- the Chinese suits have  hoses , wires , fittings , gauges , pods -, straps , a big diaper --

Chinese Astronaut Wang YapingSpaceX's space suit : spacex

• Like 2

• Moderators
5 hours ago, BigStewMan said:

es it did ... i’m posting from the capsule now.  internet connection went out for about a minute after launch but is fine now.

Good deal, apparently they have the climate control down to a T inside the capsule. Because if it were slightly humid at all, to warm or cold by a small degree you would not have gone, it must be perfect, congratulations. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, RandyH said:

- the Chinese suits have  hoses , wires , fittings , gauges , pods -, straps , a big diaper --

And will probably stop working 3/4 the way through a flight. 

• Haha 1