'Gater in the road???

Coytee

On 5/28/2020 at 2:16 PM, CECAA850 said:

I was watching a documentary one time about drivers and animals.  Researchers would put a fake turtle in the road and every driver would make an effort to avoid it.  Next they put a fake snake in the road and everyone hit it.  A couple vehicles backed up and ran over it twice.

you see so many things , out these  -

9 hours ago, Coytee said:

Rhetorical question.....

Is it better to wake up next to a gator head....  or horses?

I was talking to my wife about this thread....  made my rhetorical question above.... and she simply said "or a jackazz??"  and walked away.

Hmmm....perplexing......:huh2:

Edited by Coytee

I think Coytee should get an alligator head alarm clock.  The eyes can be the hours and minutes and when the alarm goes off the jaws open up. Push the jaws half way down for snooze button and all the way down for alarm off.

1 hour ago, JL Sargent said:

Those snakes love to eat rats and mice, so I guess there really is always a compromise.

True but I have other snakes that do that and they will not put me in the hospital. Cat works pretty darned well too as far as that goes.

Not my cat.  He had a canine (or two?) get loose.....got him to the vet and he came  home with zero canine's.  He used to bring home baby rabbits and behead them in the bathroom.  Of course he'd bring the mice into the house to torture and play catch/release/catch/release/catch/eat with them.  Then there are the squirrel tails we find....nothing else, just the tails.

Now with no canine's I'm not sure he could catch a cold or Covid-19 if he wanted to.

1 hour ago, Coytee said:

Not my cat.  He had a canine (or two?) get loose.....got him to the vet and he came  home with zero canine's.  He used to bring home baby rabbits and behead them in the bathroom.  Of course he'd bring the mice into the house to torture and play catch/release/catch/release/catch/eat with them.  Then there are the squirrel tails we find....nothing else, just the tails.

Now with no canine's I'm not sure he could catch a cold or Covid-19 if he wanted to.

I think you have to go to a cat identification school. You actually had a mountain lion that was nice.

JJK

You need to go to the rattle snake

Roundup in Cairo/Calvary, Georgia

Got it cooked just right...

27 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

are you serious -  - unreal  ------I  never thought a rattle snake  could grow that big -    WOW  - time for some new cowboy boots

Wear snake boots...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RANDYH said:

are you serious -  - unreal  ------I  never thought a rattle snake  could grow that big -    WOW  - time for some new cowboy boots

Actually the Eastern Diamond Back Rattler can be up to 15 feet long. We saw one years ago in the San Diego Snake section that was as big around as my leg.

Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake

• Like 2

Rattlers are in parts of Wisconsin, too. More visible during dry years as the move to find water. They are more rare, though. Timber Rattlesnakes and Eastern Missasauga Rattlesnakes...

On 5/27/2020 at 6:22 PM, Coytee said:

Last weekend I went to Beaufort, SC to visit with my father and his wife for couple days.

On my trip home, merrily driving down the road I noticed something ahead that was in the road so I moved to the side a bit to not run over it.

I was amazed to see an alligator in the middle of the road.  It must have been about four feet in length and evidently been hit several times.  I think the head/shoulders were severed from the main body.

I've seen plenty of skunks, raccoons, squirrels, deer....OH, have I seen the deer....  and now, an alligator.

After I had passed it, I thought to myself, I should have gone back, grabbed the head.  Brought the head home.  Forgetting about the smell, I could have had some (sick) fun with it down by the lake as people swing, ski, boat or whatever else they're doing.....then see the snout of a gator pop up above the waterline....  OR maybe put it in some bushes next to the walking trail.

I think I need help....

Sounds like a good time to me......  kick back with some cigars and a nice single malt and watch the action.

17 hours ago, RandyH said:

I thought we had big'ens here in South Texas, until I lived in Florida;  Florida rattlers make our look like baby's. 

Approx. 12 ft'er at Choke Canyon Lake, about 60 mi. south of San Antonio.  14' is biggest known to come out of there.  

IMG_0498.thumb.JPG.46e99d3ba009a60cbfe19c917b36effd.JPG

• Like 1