'Gater in the road???

Coytee

Just now, JJkizak said:

I'm still waiting for the details on how to prepare the snake for cooking. I assume you cut off the head first.

JJK

Correct then skin and gut and cut into peices for deep fry. Salt pepper whatever, flour in a paper sack bag. Grease good and hot, fry until it wants to bob to top for a minute take up cool, eat. Use bones for toothpick.

Just make certain snake does not bite itself while in capture mode.

Take extreme care and best left to experienced. Not to be toyed with, especially when coiled.

8 minutes ago, JJkizak said:

I'm still waiting for the details on how to prepare the snake for cooking. I assume you cut off the head first.

JJK

Good start.  Tie it to a tree branch and skin it in one or more easy motions.  Clean out the innards.  Marinating is optional, simple grilling preferred over mesquite or oak.

• Like 1

Well you know the other day when I was repairing the Jeep trail in the back 40  a 5 foot black snake was crawling across the road about 10 foot away from me. I told it to get the h--- out of here because I don't like snakes. (I hate snakes) It didn't pay me no never mind and just slowly crossed the trail and faded away.

JJK

• Like 1

We had couple good size king snakes in our yard. They kept the mouse population in check. Farmer neighbor shot one of them... Really pissed me off, started having mice getting into the house.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Marvel said:

We had couple good size king snakes in our yard. They kept the mouse population in check. Farmer neighbor shot one of them... Really pissed me off, started having mice getting into the house.

They will kill rattlers.

21 hours ago, JJkizak said:

JJK

Went once to the annual Rattle Snake Roundup in Freer Texas, it's something most locals from neighboring counties experience at least once. At the fair you could buy it every conceivable, for me, it was either 2" wide meaty chunks section along the length, deep fried......  or de-boned meat pieces in a good ole Mexican style guisado  (stewed, with onion, garlic, comino, oregano and potato). 

It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it.

26A7102400000578-0-image-a-31_1426382163508.jpg